It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #1
(female)

wild flower HB User
Unhappy Please help

Had pap smear and transvaginal ultrasound showed thickning of lining and fibroids I am 55 and am postmenopause have an appointment with a canaer dr. Can you tell from an ultrasound if you have cancer?

Old 10-12-2009, 05:29 AM   #2
(female)

santee245 HB User
Re: Please help

I am not an ultrasound tech, so don't know for sure, but the ultrasound did not detect mine because it was so he says "hidden among the fibroids". Why are they sending you to a cancer dr. before they even know if you have cancer? Are they suspicious of something? Most fibroids are not cancerous, but I am not sure since I am not a dr. if they look like cancer.

By all means if he sends you for more testing get it done. You are important to your family and they would be lost if you got sick. I know for a fact. At first my whole family was there for me, but now it is only 3 of them. My husband acts like I am gone already, he has never been supportive of me. So, I am not shocked by this. His whole and I mean whole family has passed with cancer and he is the only one left. That is why I was so schocked that I got it. I have found some wonderful caring people on this website, they email me and assure me of what they have gone through. It is a good thing if you have a dr. that wants further testing. Go for it!
santee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

darkwater HB User

They must have some kind of lab results to justify a consult with an oncologist, maybe they got some endometrial cells from the pap smear that show pre-cancerous cells? That is what happened to me, my lab results showed precancerous changes, but not actual cancer, therefore, they sent me along to the oncologist because they wanted him to supervise my case and be in the loop on any developments in case it turned out that it became cancer and there would be no delay to get him on my case immediately. Please keep your head up and don't panic, but a very thickened lining needs to be thoroughly investigated or you will never have any peace about it. Try to think about it in terms of getting more information so that you can take better care of yourself whatever happens in your case.

Also, I was told that in women that show pre-cancerous changes, there are a certain percentage of those who turn out to actually already have cancer that they can only detect if the uterus and/or lymph nodes get removed. I had a laparoscopy where they went in with a scope and looked at the outer surface of my uterus, ovaries, and abdomen and they saw nothing cancerous-looking in there. I thought, GREAT!, but then was told that it is possible that it could invisibly spread to lymph nodes and still look normal on the outside.

These female parts are a little too much fun sometimes, aren't they?

Take care of yourself and good luck!

Old 10-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User

Agree, have all the possible tests. I was doing all the right health checks but cancer was so high in uterus it was undetectable until damage was done. Better to be safe than the alternative.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:23 AM   #5
(female)

wild flower HB User
Question Re: Please help

Thanks everyone for caring.Had biopsy yesterday,was done by Dr Sanders at Baptist Hos. in Knoxville Tn.Have to wait two weeks and have a hysteroscopy. Has anyone ever had this done?

Old 10-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
(female)

wild flower HB User

Thank you for taking the time to care. Its a lesson we all need to take!

Old 10-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #7
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User

Back again! Had a hysteroscopy. Anaesthetic and overnight stay in hospital. Hassle free...no discomfort afterwards.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #8
(female)

wild flower HB User
Red face Re: Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cejayb View Post
Agree, have all the possible tests. I was doing all the right health checks but cancer was so high in uterus it was undetectable until damage was done. Better to be safe than the alternative.
They are going to try and do this in the office like they done the biopsy.I pray I can stand the pain.I will let you know after the 20th. Please say a prayer.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
(female)

santee245 HB User

Hey,

Long time since I talked to you. I am glad you made it through the hysteroscopy. I am not sure I had one of those. Probably not since I got a dummy for a doctor. I hope it all turns out good for you. Still waiting for chemo to start again. I am taking B17 in the meantime, dr. told me not to take anything, but I am not like that. I need to do something to help myself while I wait. Keep us posted on how your tests turn out. We are there for you. santee Carolyn

Closed Thread