It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
(female)

rosejeff HB User
pre cancer of the uterus

went into hospital about 9 weeks ago passed a white mass; but prior to this for four months was having my period then two weeks later a brown discharge. after passing this white mass which the doctor at the hospital said i had nothing to worry about as it looked like a tampon. 2 weeks later i received a letter from the hospital for tests. i had a biopsy a scan taken then the doctor told me tha t i may need a full hysyerectomy. was called back 2 days later and was told the biopsy was clear but the white mass showed signs of pre cancer. he scheduled me in to have my ovaries tubes and uterus and cervix removed,for 5 days later. i asked why my ovaries had to be removed he said because i was 48 and they would probably die off soon and my cervix because i dont go for smears. i have decided to go for a second opinion which is tomorrow. since passing this white mass i have had proper periods and no brown discharge that is why i decided to go for a second opinion.

was he right to be so drastic.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
(female)

darkwater HB User
Re: pre cancer of the uterus

This is a drastic measure and you may end up needing it, but don't let them do it until you understand what is going on. It seems to me what you need is someone to take your step by step through your diagnosis and what the tests results mean now or could mean in the future. Then you need some time to read and digest all the information, and I know it is a lot to understand all at once. Every woman needs this so she can feel she is making the best decision she can after she has all the answers they can give you. Good luck and God bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
(female)

santee245 HB User
Re: pre cancer of the uterus

Yes, if he said it was pre cancer he is right to be drastic. I only wish my doctor was that drastic. I was put off for yrs. because of my bleeding. It was only my menopause or some other thing. Yes, he should take everything, why chance that it has spread anywhere else. Mine had not gone to my ovaries or my cervix but they took everything and I am glad they did. I am still fighting the fight and believe me the cancer fight is really a tough one you don't have to do. I agree on the second opinion although it my case it wouldn't have mattered if I had a million opinions. Listen to your dr., they have enough to do without reccomending unnessary surgeries for themselves. I know my drs. are all ready to drop at the end of the day. Plus who needs to sit and worry about where it goes next, mine was a straight shot to the lungs and after so much radiation and now chemo and it is still present. I was always afraid of a hysterectomy, but compared to this cancer it was a breeze. Hope I have helped you. Carolyn

Closed Thread