It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

Kasianni HB User
Can anyone not give me some advice please??

I don't want to make this too long, but not sure how to do it with just a few sentences. I have never had regular periods. ever..they were every 35 day 50 days, 60 days etc. In 2005 I had my last period but never thought about menopause because I didn't have any symptoms. None. I mean I was 39 then and didn't think much about it. About 9 months ago, I had some staining when I went to the washroom. Dark, like old blood. Didn't really concern me. Keep happening off and on then about 4 months ago when I went to the bathroom and wiped I had some red blood. Again went off and on. Just a tiny bit not a lot at all. Well about 8 weeks ago, I had some red blood for about 4 days and I thought my periods had started again, with that I had the cramps and back ache and the achy breasts. Well, I went to my doctor because I was worried and she took some blood did a pap and pelvic exam. Said ovaries felt ok and uterus too. Yesterday she called me and said that I was in menopause!! All the other blood tests were ok, not anemic, red and white blood cells good...I was shocked.Well she said now we have to figure why your bleeding. Of course I thought cancer right away and she said it could be but could be other things as well. She has seen this with hormonal imbalances, which she said I have of course low estrogen. She had thought my periods were starting again. I freaked out because my Mom had breast cancer and didn't make it, and when I was younger I was molested by a doctor so I am freaking out now. She wants me to schedule a biopsy with a gyno near here and I am going to call Monday. I am scared out of my mind, I can't sleep, I am having panic attacks and have no support at all from anyone. Another problem is when she was doing the pap test I was in so much pain because I have what she says is scar tissue at the opening of the vagina and I need to use dilators to fix the problem. So how the heck is the gyno going to do a biopsy if I am like that?? Does anyone know if there are any other things that can cause bleeding and its not cancer?? I am so scared. My breasts ache often now as well and I don't know why, they use to do that prior to my periods. Sorry this is all over the place, and long, I had no intention of doing that. Please can someone help me with my questions. Can it be anything other then cancer, does a biopsy hurt, if I had the dark spotting this long and it is cancer can I survive???

Last edited by Kasianni; 12-06-2009 at 09:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
(female)

darkwater HB User
Re: Can anyone not give me some advice please??

Yes, even if it turned out to be cancer, which it may not, just because it has been going on for awhile doesn't mean you haven't caught it in plenty of time to treat and/or cure. If your lining is thickened and you have begun to bleed even though they say you are menopausal, it does not mean that cancerous changes have already happened. Even if they have, endometrial cancers are very slow-growing in most cases. I had random spotting for more than five years (I am not menopausal) and just looked into it this year and mine is still in pre-cancerous stage. I know it is hard not to panic, it is hard for me too, but try not panic until you have more information.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
(female)

limichelle27 HB User
Re: Please can someone help me?

I wish you the best of luck. A Biopsy is worth having because it can rule it out and also catch it early. If you google Endometrial Biopsy there is a ton of information on what it entails. :-)

Lisa

Last edited by limichelle27; 12-07-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Closed Thread