It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

Reneeh13 HB User
Help understanding symptoms and tests for spotting

I just turned 31. I am of normal weight. I have Hashimoto's Thyroid Disease and only have half of my thyroid gland, I take .75 mg of synthroid.

Symptoms

Four years ago I began spotting ten days before my period.

It lasted 1-3 days each month. (very light)

This continued until my old doctor put me on b/c and then it stopped. (I went off the b/c because it made me too emotional) Once I was off the pill I went back to spotting. After the surgery to remove half of my thyroid my spotting changed for the first time in three years. It now happens only every other month and on a rare occasion it continues until my period comes.

I had an saline infused ultrasound done by my new gynocologist and an ultrasound technician. Dr. said my uterus looked great and that there were not polyps or suspicious areas, the lining measured .38 (I was just finishing my period).

She still did an endometrial biopsy. I asked her if she thought I had uterine cancer and she said not really at all but since she was already in there it's better to be safe. I won't get my results for a week and I'm pretty scared. Why would she do a biopsy even if the saline u/s looked perfect and my lining was thin?

Does spotting that is associated with uterine cancer come at the same time every month? Would b/c have stopped spotting associated with cancer? Why would my thyroid surgery change my spotting? Why would my doctor do a biopsy with a normal lining?

Thank you for any information you may have.

Renee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
(male)

bottlesofwater HB User
Re: Help understanding symptoms and tests for spotting

Hey I have the same spotting symptoms and searching online like crazy for info I found spotting can be caused by thyroid issues.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
(female)

Reneeh13 HB User
I'm very scared, hoping for some input....

Moved to another discussion.

Last edited by Reneeh13; 02-09-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: moving to another discussion.

Closed Thread