It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
(female)

chrissymarie73 HB User
Question how long did you wait for your pathology results?

Hi! I'm new here. I'm 36 and I recently had a d&c to treat a thickened lining and to determine a possible cause for the 9 m/c I've had over the last 10 yrs. After the surgery the dr spoke to dh and told him she didn't find any polyps or fibroids but she did find some abnormal cells that she had sent away to the pathologist. She said it would take about a week to get the results. The d&c was last Wed and today is Thursday. Every morning I wake up and think this is going to be the day I get the bad news. I know the chances are slim that I even have cancer but my mind can't stop thinking the worst.

So my question is, how long after your biopsy or d&c did you get the results? And did your dr call you personally or was it the nurse that gave
you the news? Or did you call your dr office for the results?

I don't even know if my dr office will call if the results are clean so I could be waiting around for a call that's not coming. My post op appt is in March, which right now feel like forever.

Christine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
(female)

april08 HB User
Re: how long did you wait for your pathology results?

hey hun i take it by now you know but incase other woman are wondering same

when i had the D&C done 1st week in march he called me personley on the phone but my OB has always called him self he said they found tumor cells but didnt want to talk over the phone about it so i had to wait until march 22nd and found out then that it was cancer

as for the Hystercomey when i had that done i was spose to wait 10 days after i came home from my sugery but i ended up going in and geting those sooner i hope this has help

but every doctor office is diffrent i would call them every 3 days or so until the test come back in

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread