It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
(female)

april08 HB User
I just found out i have Uterine cancer

My name is April i found this site from googling i been looking for any support and Advice i can get

im only 29 years old for the past 6 years i have been bleeding very badly loads of clots husband and i had tryed many things to have a baby and it just was not happing doctors was clueless about the pains i had felt in my Uterus and kept telling me i was fine.

I knew somthing was not right some times i would go months with out a period and other times i bleed for months starting off light and leading in to clots hospitals would send me home bleeding and tell me it was just a heavy period

in 2008 i had a dye test done showing a big enlaraged fibrod tumor i was told it wasnt cancer when the doctors went in he could no longer fine this the pain stoped so did the clots for a while.

in march of 2010 i bleed so much i past out was rushed to the ER where i got a blood transfusion found out i was annmic so i had a D&C Done

a week later im in the office and being told im in the early stages of Uterine cancer

i have all ready had a CT done they say it came out normal they didnt expilan anything elis

i had a chest Xray done and blood work i am always in pain in the ovrys

i saw a cancer doctor who has said i will have complet removal of all things on APRIL 16th

i am so a scard all of this has happen so fast im keeping the faith in GOD

if any one has advice or can tell me what they faced while in the Hospital after this sugery and after they went home that would be grate

my husbands aunt had this happen 13 years ago and she never needed any treatments

im hopen this is the case for me

i dont want chemo or any of that nasty stuff

but im also dealing with so much mixed feelings as i said im 29 and my dream of ever having a child is just over with so im dealing with that

and im dealing with trying to accept i have cancer

im wondering since im on medcaid if ill be treated any diffrent ?

they havent done any other testing on me and wont they said they wont no anything more until all is removed and tested

i am so a scard

not much support from my family at all my husband is there for me but doesnt talk alot about things

any advice on this sugery is welcomed

also i am over weight so i no they say my risks are higher then that of healther woman and since in annmic im a scard

i have so many questions and dont no where to start

ill post more later

thanks april

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2010, 05:23 AM   #2
(female)

washappy HB User
Re: I just found out i have Uterine cancer

Hi April , I dont have any experience with what you are going through as I am in the begining of getting a diagnose of what is happening to me. I do share the same surgery date with you though on April 16 th I go in for a D & C with hysteroscopy, they wanted to do a laparoscopy to but not sure if they are still doing that after the last ultrasound.

I have been reading a lot on hysterectomies, my mom and sister both had one done and they were out on the same day of the surgery, My mom was up and cooking on the same day. My sister she laid in the bed all day but she also had something else done besides the hysterectomy. My sister says she feels much better and it was the best surgery she ever had and she had a lot of them.

After all the reading I have done on endometrial/uterine cancer its my understanding that as long as they catch it in the early stages then a hysterectomy should be all that you will need. I'm hoping if I do have it that I will get the hysterectomy and that will be it as well.

Good luck Hun

Old 04-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
(female)

darkwater HB User

Yes, April, it is hard, but you have to try not to borrow trouble by thinking about bad things that could happen, but you don't have any idea about yet. Try taking it day by day. I have only been diagnosed with a pre-cancerous condition so far, but I have sympathy for you. I am being told that my dreams of having a child are probably impossible and this is a very heavy blow, so I will pray for you, too. This is so heartbreaking and people don't get it. I hope that your condition is very early and you will not have any complications and that once this is over, you will be healthy and find a way to be happy with what you have, something I am trying to do myself. Bless you!

Old 04-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
(female)

april08 HB User

Thank you lady's for responding to my Post i will pray that you both do not have this cancer pre cancer is scary as well so i pray yours wont turn in to cancer at all. i had the D&C done i felt a little a scard but didnt think anything of it i thought it was ONLY to clean out my womb and i knew they was gonna test somthing but i guse i wasnt fully knowing since he didnt tell me much of anything until march 22nd that became a day to forever change my life

to here i at 29 had cancer and YES as one of you stated its a blow to your head when u find out you will never have the child and baby of your dreams my husband and i take it one day at a time turly but its nothing to come easy for us

my CT SCAN and Chest XRAY both just came back Normal......... so that maybe a good sign maybe it hasnt spreed ? not sure

thanks for advice

PS did u say your mom was up cooking the same day she had all removed ?

thats very bad

i will be in the Hospital close to a week i am told and will have a pee bag and blood bag in me or what ever u call that medical wise and i cant do alot for 6weeks after either

but if your talking of the D&C i was sent home the same day but i was told not to be on my feet much it was hard on my body but then i had just had a transfusion and im annemic to so i could not do alot for 3 days

but the D&C its self went ok not to much pain just cramping and some bleeding after

Good luck ladys

Old 04-06-2010, 04:45 AM   #5
(female)

tictactalk HB User

Hi April,

I hope everything will be okay. Just keep praying and the Lord will help you.

I am not familiar with uterine cancer so I am curious about the signs and symptoms of it. What cause this kind of cancer and what can we do to prevent it?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
(female)

washappy HB User

Both my mom and sister had hysterectomies. My mom was a stubborn person, never liked to rely on someone else for things. She had it all removed but I believe it was vaginally not abdominally. My sister's was vaginally for sure and she was out the same day as well the only difference for her was she had to have a catheter (I think a catheter is a pee bag?) for 5 days and she learned to change it herself. Both my mom's and sister"s hysterectomies were because of prolapse not cancer.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
(female)

washappy HB User

Oh dear LOL I'm so tired that I forgot to thank you for sharing you D & C experience with me. I only been sleeping 4 to 5 hours a night...cant wait till its all over and I can start sleeping right again.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
(female)

april08 HB User

Hello to Answer you on that Question im 29 years old i was told only 15% of woman will get the type of cancer under 40 most woman are 55 to 80 and for most woman they are all ready going in to Menpause but having bleeding thats a sign for them im not fully aware what the older womans signs are but for me

i was about 24 when i started bleeding and having bad clots i got married of course and to make love was hurting very bad and i would always bleed

now i started my period when i was 11 and it stoped for a few years the doctors never said nothing to me other then i was fine i was a kid so i didnt no much u no back then.

over the years my period would skip for months at a time then start again and the bleeding would be alot now in 06 i think it was they started me on drugs to try to have a baby ( this had nothing to do with cancer )

but i started to bleed alot more

the bleeding turned in to clots lots of clots now just small little clots i would say penny size is nothing to worry about but my clots i bleed out was probley 2 to 3 inchs in size if not biger the clots would come out of me so fast to where panties was out of the Question i kept a town between my legs

doctors still clamed i was FINE but turth be told i new somthing was wrong

well all and all i wont go in to my full story other then to say that march 22nd is when i found out i had the cancer and doctors was SOCK

im told woman whos never been preggy can get the cancer easer then woman who dont ( i dont no how ture this is ) but i dont have babies we tried and we failed due to the bleeding that they kept callen DUB.

so here is some signs i had

#1 Skiping periods month at a time

#2 when you do have periods they are very heavy like u would go through alot of pads in an hour oh most like a misscarriage ( i sufferd from those to )

so i your young and u skip periods and the test keep showing nagtive then u bleed it can be very scary u may even think u misscarried some times that is the case like i had sufferd from misscarriage alot of the times its not the case through

#3 BIG blood clots while bleeding

#4 none stop bleeding ( like you either bleed between your periods or u just never stop so its like your always bleeding even if its light so u dont even no when your last period started or ended because your always bleeding maybe stops for a few days but comes back again.

#4 lots of pain in your Utarus and or ovry area feels like some one stabing you hurts badly like attacks can come on at any moment but doesnt always stay.

#5 bad lower back pains along with lots of bad cramping ( cramping rateing 1 being fine doesnt bug you 10 being PAINFUL u cant take it mine was always about a 8 to 10 .

there is probley other signs of this cancer u can do research online about it

not all woman will have the same signs but the uncontrol bleeding and clots is the BIGEST SIGN how ever u can have the same type bleeding and have cyst with out being cancer

testing to find out

PAPS are always good but wont tell you

i had countless of those

i had to have a D&C with testing they took somthing then tested it sure enough they found the cancer

as for how can you stop this cancer from happening thats a good Question i found out

80 to 85 % of woman will get this at some point in life or another stage 1 is what you want if u found out u had this im grade 1 they dont no the full stage until all is removed from me

i would say eat right eat tones of greens furit stay away from sweets this can feed cancer cells

im over weight So they think this is what happen is being over weight caused me not to ovulate ever that caused other things then the cancer ( as im young and in child baring years ) with older woman its not the case

and every woman is diffrent

so look up foods that help u how to eat TEA will help fight cancer

every one has cancer cells in there body but its when there feed they could become cancer so watch what you eat take care of your body and work out stay fit

( this doesnt mean u wont get cancer ) but you will have a good chance and if you did get it you will be alot healther to fight it

with me i have Annemia due to all the bleeding i have this cancer and im over weight but other then that no other medical problams i no of

i hope this helped u some

im just learning about it my self

since i found out i had it

thanks

April

Old 04-08-2010, 02:12 AM   #9
(female)

april08 HB User

WAS HAPPY your welcome about shareing the D&C turst me i hardly slept before mine it was very hard i kept my self worried over and over but the sugery its self isnt nothing to worry about turly i take all sugerys hard due to being put under and that makes me sick i think sugery took about 45 mints and i was in recovery room an hour or so and home i took things easy only because less then a week before i had been in the ER geting a transusion of blood so it was harder on me but i was home eating food again LOL soft foods 1st then sold

D&C isnt turly all that bad how ever it is waiting to get the answers to find out what is going on that is the hardest part

wow your sister went home and yes a pee bag is the catheter LOL but i never use Medical words sorry i should have expilaned more

im very socked they allowed your sister home on one of those things or that they got to go home the same day thats socking to me and yet very bad i think

i will be in the Hospital for 4 to 5 days they will cut me open above my belly botton And below Normley they cut u below the button but im over weight so thats how im told they will be doing it

well its good to here from you let me no how the D&C goes

Old 04-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
(female)

washappy HB User

Hi April If you were here I would hug you I am so glad you had an easy time with the D & C and I will be praying that you have an even easier time will the hysterectomy.

Thank you for putting my mind at ease. You have alot of strenght and I'm sure you will come through with flying colors

Old 04-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #11
(female)

april08 HB User

Thank you so much wish an your welcome i think the hardest part of the D&C is the waiting to find out what the test are going to say. but the sugery its self was fine. you will be back home the same day and eating as normal but need to take things easy, thanks i am told ill be in the hospital for at lest 4 to 5 days and that ill be resting for 6 weeks

Thanks for responding let me no how the D&C comes out

Old 04-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #12
(female)

washappy HB User

Good luck tomorrow April, I've been praying for both of us to have successful surgeries with quick recovery

Old 04-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
(female)

washappy HB User

Hello April I was just wanting to let you know that my surgery went well and I hope that yours is going well too.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #14
(female)

april08 HB User

Thanks i just posted an update on mine it was painful very much so im glad yours went well i knew it would they removed a very enlarage tumor from me they clam they got all cancer

but due to being high risk they want me to have 5 rounds of radition treatment im very freaked out about that and trying to get all advice

let me no how your test comes out

Old 04-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #15
(female)

washappy HB User

Hello April It's nice to see you back. I'm so sorry you had a hard time with the surgery but just think that part is over now. I dont know how hard radiation is but my mom had both radiation and chemo for lung cancer and it was the chemo that was hard on her...I dont think she complained much about the radiation.

I still have you in my prayers everynight You will have all of this behind you soon enough .

Closed Thread