It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

deedee25 HB User
Why Get Biopsy after Normal Ultrasound?

I got a transvaginal ultrasound because of a report of endometrial cells in my pap test. The result looked entirely normal, with an even lining measurement of 0.17 mm. I am menopausal and have had no bleeding at all for 1 year. Still, they want to do a biopsy because of the abnormal pap. >> Should I get this recommended biopsy? How could they even know where to get a tissue sample from? Why did I even bother to get the ultrasound?

Old 04-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
(female)

april08 HB User
Re: Why Get Biopsy after Normal Ultrasound?

Hi 1st let me say im very sorry about the pasing of your husband, my name is April im only 29 and my husband and i had problams having babies for years i bleed big blood clots for years march 2010 i past out in my bathroom and needed blood transfusion it happen so fast for me they orderd a D&C and it was this that showed i had cancer in my urtaus i just underwent a full Hystercomey they removed my tubes my overys my urtaus every thing im now 29 and in Menopause

so my case is alot diffrent then yours as you say you have no signs at all. other then them finding cells

i think the best way of finding out you even have this cancer is from the D&C and i will tell you that this sugery was nothing you go home the same day you will be up and about being active the next day normley i was up and about the same day turly other then that

i do not understand where they would take the Tisue from to test most woman even your age has it done by D&C i would see a 2nd doctor to be sure what is going on.

good luck to ya

Last edited by moderator2; 04-27-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
(female)

april08 HB User

PS i do think its very importen to rule this type of cancer out through my husband had 2 aunts 1 of them they didnt fine it until she was stage 4 and she died meaning she had no signs until it was to late the other aunt is still alive shes 13 years cancer free and again im new to this they got all my cancer taken out of me but im at high risk it will come back so i tell every woman to get checked

Old 04-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
(female)

deedee25 HB User

Hi April!
Thanks for replying to my post. You are so young to have gone through all of that! Perhaps you and your husband will adopt children if you really want to be parents. The most important thing is that you are healthy! As for me, I guess I will get the biopsy since my kids need me. I don't want to be like your poor aunt. My doctor called me today and said that they sort of "vaccuum" out some uterine cells to be sure there is no cancer. Sounds painful and scarey, but I guess I have to do it.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
(female)

april08 HB User

hi hun your welcome and wow i never heard of the vaccuuming out the cells you could research that on google and see if it tells you i know when i needed the D&C and also the other sugery to remove all things i did so much research to help me beter understand.

yes my husband and i want kids very badly a dream we both have even if its by adoption the fees are very high through and if u ever had cancer it will be even more harder to adopt i pray the laws will change and our dreams will come ture

i was told only 15% woman under 55 will have the type of cancer i have i fall in that 15% normley it hits woman 55 or older and woman who are in or going in to Menopause

please keep us updated on what happens with your test i will pray for you that all will turn out well.

I think the hardest part is not what is being done but the waiting to here if its cancer mine was so it was even harder

yes your kids need you there for them big time so please do the test for them if not for your self then at lest for them .

and let us no how it comes out for you im hopen all will be just fine all of this is scary for any woman no mater the age .

God bless you

Old 04-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User

You have the biopsy because sometimes cells are so high in the uterus that they remain undetected. Be thankful that your health professionals are doing everythng they should to ensure that you are clear.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:10 AM   #7
(female)

deedee25 HB User

Thanks for your reply cejayb! From your experience, do you think that if the biopsy come out normal that I can finally breathe a sigh of relief? Or, in other words, are the biopsies usually pretty accurate?

Old 04-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
(female)

washappy HB User

I was reading on biopsy's because I just had one about 2 weeks ago and from what I read they have a high accuracy rating.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
(female)

deedee25 HB User

Let's hope so! I have yet to make an appointment though. (scared)

Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User

Hi Dee. In my opinion biopsies are accurate and you can breath that sigh of relief. Make the appointment now and get it done with so that you can relax...worrying does you no good and serves no purpose. The sooner the better. You will be fine.
Ce

Old 04-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #11
(female)

deedee25 HB User

Thanks cejayb! Of course, you are right. The fear is irrational, but no matter how logically I look at things, it's still there. I will make an appointment next week - I'm guessing it won't take all that long to get in.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:30 PM   #12
(female)

deedee25 HB User

Thanks silvershark! I spoke to my physician and he basically said that he was not very concerned, but he wanted me to have it just to be sure. I agreed. If there is any doubt, I would like to have a more accurate answer. What are the chances that a biopsy would yield a false negative?

I have searched on the internet, but cannot find any other reason that there might be normal endometrial cells on the pap of a menopausal woman. Thoughts?

Last edited by deedee25; 04-30-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
(female)

cmkf HB User

Hey Dee, I would recommend doing the D&C, I had 2 done, 1 under sedation (because she did hysteroscopy too) and another just local (and she just put local around my cervix not in uterus so I felt the vaccum in my uterus) it was not painful, I had slight cramping (no more than one of my regular periods) and I was fine within a couple of hours.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #14
(female)

deedee25 HB User

Wait... what's the difference between the vaccuum biopsy thing and a D&C?

Old 09-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #15
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

hi april
I just had a endometrial biopsy and they vacuumed the cells out..I also had a vaginal ultrasound where they inject saline in and look at the lining of the uterus and everything looked okay..they can also look at it in 3D and it was not built up and looked healthy..but I still am having bleeding on and off.the obgyn said that he expected the results to be normal.. he thinks that the bleeding is caused from not having enough progesterone in the HRT that I'm taking..and it may have to up the progesterone to stop the build up..I'm going out of town for a couple of weeks but will let you know what the results are when i get back..I'm hoping i get a negative on the results ..

Closed Thread