It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
(female)

cg01 HB User
Unhappy Endometrial biopsy

For the past month I've had light post-menopausal bleeding. Went to gyn, did pap smear and internal exam. Today had hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy. Have to wait 2 wks for results. Going crazy worrying myself sick about results coming back as cancer. Don't know how I will get through these 2 wks.

Has anyone had post-menopausal bleeding which was not cancer? I wish she would have at least found a polyp or fibroid when she did the hysteroscopy because I think I would have hope of it not being cancer but the doctor said everything looked fine.....

Old 05-11-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
(female)

deedee25 HB User
Re: Endometrial biopsy

I haven't had any bleeding, but I did have a routine pap that showed endometrial cells, which aren't apparently supposed to be there. Had ultrasound that was okay, but now I have to still have a biopsy. I actually waited an entire week to get the ultrasound results and only got them because I was the one who made the call. I can only imagine how long it will be to get the biopsy results. Why can't they realize how stressed we are with the waiting and have the courtesy to call - or at least to say up front that it will be 2 weeks, or w/e.

You said that everything looked fine. Same with me. Maybe they are just being extra-cautious by doing the biopsy. Hopefully, that will confirm for both of us that all is well.

May I ask how the biopsy was? At all painful?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
(female)

cg01 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee25 View Post
I haven't had any bleeding, but I did have a routine pap that showed endometrial cells, which aren't apparently supposed to be there. Had ultrasound that was okay, but now I have to still have a biopsy. I actually waited an entire week to get the ultrasound results and only got them because I was the one who made the call. I can only imagine how long it will be to get the biopsy results. Why can't they realize how stressed we are with the waiting and have the courtesy to call - or at least to say up front that it will be 2 weeks, or w/e.

You said that everything looked fine. Same with me. Maybe they are just being extra-cautious by doing the biopsy. Hopefully, that will confirm for both of us that all is well.

May I ask how the biopsy was? At all painful?
I was surprised that I didn't have to go for the vaginal ultrasound before I had a biopsy done... it seems most women have that done first. I'm still waiting to get my pap results back - had it done a week ago and was told that it could take 2 wks .. what takes them so long ?????

I was so nervous about having the biopsy after reading posts from women who have had it but I have to tell you that it wasn't that bad. 24 hrs prior I had to take ibuprofen 800 mg 4 X day (but I took much less since it was bothering my stomach) and the evening before the biopsy I was given 2 tablets to insert in my vagina to soften the cervix which gave me a bit of cramping. I had the hyteroscopy and biopsy done and it wasn't bad at all. Just felt a little pinching and slight cramping which didn't last long at all. It only took a short time to do it and really wasn't bad at all. Right after, I got dressed and drove myself home without any pain. When I returned home, I had a bit of very, very light cramping and some blood which is normal - so please don't be afraid.....

Also, she gave me a shot in the butt - I guess it was some type of pain killer.

Now the waiting ....... which is so hard....

Good luck to you and please let me know how things go for you.

Last edited by cg01; 05-11-2010 at 06:07 AM.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
(female)

deedee25 HB User

I have no idea why it takes them so long. Probably they send test materials away to be read by some computer somewhere. Hopefully we can count on them to at least be accurate, if not speedy.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
(female)

cg01 HB User

Yes, hopefully they will be accurate.

Have you made your appt yet for the biopsy? I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
(female)

darkwater HB User

Hoping that your results put you in the clear! Sorry that you are so stressed as you await your results. It is kinda mean how hard it is to wait for important test results. I know that endometrial biopsy continues to be a diagnostic tool used so that the doctor doesn't have to do a D&C under sedation and all that unless needed. But I just can't trust them any longer. I have had two in the past few years that were inaccurate when they said I was in the clear and turns out, there were bad things going on with my lining, which they found after doing a D&C. You are not me, so I would just say to you to follow up and to keep an eye on things, especially if your bleeding continues. All kinds of good luck, dear!

Old 05-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
(female)

cg01 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwater View Post
Hoping that your results put you in the clear! Sorry that you are so stressed as you await your results. It is kinda mean how hard it is to wait for important test results. I know that endometrial biopsy continues to be a diagnostic tool used so that the doctor doesn't have to do a D&C under sedation and all that unless needed. But I just can't trust them any longer. I have had two in the past few years that were inaccurate when they said I was in the clear and turns out, there were bad things going on with my lining, which they found after doing a D&C. You are not me, so I would just say to you to follow up and to keep an eye on things, especially if your bleeding continues. All kinds of good luck, dear!

Old 05-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #8
(female)

cg01 HB User

Heard from my gyn yesterday and the results is endometrial adenocarcinoma. My gut feeling told me that I might have cancer but I put that thought out of my mind and just prayed - but it didn't work....Spent all day crying and unable to sleep.

Have an appt with my gyn regarding robotic hysterectomy and further details. Don't know how I will be able to handle this ??????

The following user gives a hug of support to cg01:
Kali333 (06-19-2011)
Old 05-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #9
(female)

deedee25 HB User

cg01, I'm so sorry to hear of your bad news! Hopefully, it will be confined and the surgery will just take care of everything. Do you have somebody to support you through this ordeal?

I made the appointment for my biopsy, which is this coming week. I am worried too, and it looks like they keep you in suspense with the results.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:04 AM   #10
(female)

cg01 HB User

Quote:
cg01, I'm so sorry to hear of your bad news! Hopefully, it will be confined and the surgery will just take care of everything. Do you have somebody to support you through this ordeal?

I made the appointment for my biopsy, which is this coming week. I am worried too, and it looks like they keep you in suspense with the results.
Thank you for your kindness. Yes, I live with my sister who is trying to support me but she is, of course, a "nervous wreck" and not sure how much help she will be but she will go with me to the hospital and stay in the room overnight with me. Tomorrow, I will find out more from the doctor.

Good luck with your biopsy. It will be over before you know it. Yes, they do keep you in suspense with the results. I had to wait almost 2 wks.

I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
(female)

deedee25 HB User

So, I had the biopsy today. I took the Motrin before the appointment and it didn't hurt nearly as much as I anticipated. Now for the waiting. The doctor said that I would hear in about 2 weeks.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #12
(female)

cg01 HB User

Quote:
So, I had the biopsy today. I took the Motrin before the appointment and it didn't hurt nearly as much as I anticipated. Now for the waiting. The doctor said that I would hear in about 2 weeks.
The waiting is the hardest part .... I, too, had to wait almost 2 wks for the results. Sending you good thoughts and prayers that everything is fine.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #13
(female)

deedee25 HB User

Thanks, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #14
(female)

deedee25 HB User

Yay! Results are benign! The doctor said that perimenopausal estrogen could have caused the original irregular pap result.

Thanks, everyone, for all of your support!

The following user gives a hug of support to deedee25:
Kali333 (06-19-2011)
Old 06-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
(female)

cg01 HB User

Quote:
Yay! Results are benign! The doctor said that perimenopausal estrogen could have caused the original irregular pap result.

Thanks, everyone, for all of your support!
Congratulations! That is wonderful news.

Closed Thread