It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

Jamy HB User
Biopsy Result from D&C and Ablation

I had been bleeding and had huge uterus. After 6 units red blood and three units plasma, it was decided to try ablation first to stop the bleeding, remove thick endometruim. A biopsy was performed. I will not see my DR for two more weeks.
It appears not the best news but would like feedback

Fragments of benign endometrial polyp and benign proliferative

Endometrium with Ciliary Metaplasia

EndoCervical Squamous Metaplasia and Microglandular Hyperplasia
Comment: code 2

I have been looking this up and seems to be beginning of cervical cancer which is interesting since have not had sex in 10 years and pap smear at least 8 times in that time. All Negative. It is what it is. I am guessing the code 2 is staging 2 for the level and they also ran a CA125 which was 37 slightly elevated but that is just a marker for future treatment and levels.

I want all my ducks in a row and info in hand with all questions before I meet with the DR. I have a distant cousin dealing with cancer now and they lied all the way down the line with him and my adoptive mother they did the same thing. I want all info so I can make the best decisions for my health and not screw around. I am hoping for feedback on any and all of what is in the biopsy. Please I need info.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Biopsy Result from D&C and Ablation

Jamy,

I do not think it is the beginnings of cervical cancer although I do think you do have some type of dyplasia which has a history of becoming cervical cancer several years down the road.

I suggest you consult with a gyn oncologist if you are not already seeing this type of doctor. You need someone who is very familiar with this type of pathology to counsel you on what the pathology report means and what are your best treatment options. I am not familiar with the term Code 2, but again when you discuss the pathology report with the doctor, make sure you specifically ask what does it mean by "code 2"
Please let me know how you are doing.

Last edited by shisslak; 08-20-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
(female)

Jamy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
Jamy,

I do not think it is the beginnings of cervical cancer although I do think you do have some type of dyplasia which has a history of becoming cervical cancer several years down the road.

I suggest you consult with a gyn oncologist if you are not already seeing this type of doctor. You need someone who is very familiar with this type of pathology to counsel you on what the pathology report means and what are your best treatment options. I am not familiar with the term Code 2, but again when you discuss the pathology report with the doctor, make sure you specifically ask what does it mean by "code 2"
Please let me know how you are doing.
Brenda.

Thank you so much for answering. I will not see my DR for two weeks or a bit less and I was wanting to have all my questions prepared. I was less concerned with the cervical at this point and more concerned with the endometrial metaplasia as opposed to hyperplasia. Any feeling on that?

Old 08-25-2010, 04:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Jamy,

I have been reading up on endometrial metaplasia and hyperplasia and I really can not make heads or tails out on the information. I think that you should make this question tops on the list because it may take a bit of time for the doctor to explain the differences between the two and how this pathology relates to your particular case.
Please let me know what he/she says. Is your appointment next week?

Closed Thread