It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
(female)

crystall HB User
Question New here and need opinions on this please..

I'm new here and not sure if i'm at that right place but i'm really hoping for some advice and input. Heres some history i'm 27yrs old and have 3 children, I just had a baby 5 months ago.. this is when all my problems began. 4 weeks after the birth of my son i went to my ob and recieved the depo(5-19-2010) shot cause i already had a tubal ligation scheduled (7-20-2010) and she said that was the best method of birth control before then considering i have NEVER been on birth control before, ok well after i had my son my stomach never really went down, anyways i had the tubal everything went great i recovered normally, my stomach was still descended though but i never brought it up thinking it was normal, well another month goes by and i still look 6 months pregnant and friends family everyone was telling me it wasnt normal and something was wrong.. of course i just let it go in one ear and out another... well a few weeks ago i ended up in the ER cause i just couldnt handle the pain anymore and was starting to really think ok maybe there is something (symptoms i have had for a couple months: heartburn, indegestion, pain/cramps in my stomach, heavy feeling in my stomach, lower back pain, and my pubic bone is sore) well the ER didnt do much, the gave me a ct scan which they said i had uterine fibroid so i make an appt with my ob.. well my ultrasound was yesterday and no fibroid, but i have a cyst on my left ovary and calcifications in my uterus.. also she said the left side of my uterus showed up white on the ultrasound so i was scheduled for a DX Hysteroscopy and D&C Oct 15th 2010, i'm scared to death i have no idea what any of this means and they would not go into detail about my uterus but could tell me about my cyst on my ovary which has me even more concerned she said well lets just do the surgery and i'll get your results in about 2-3 weeks and we'll go from there, can someone please tell me whats going on.. i have never had "female" problems this is all new to me and the lack of knowledge doesn't make this any easier.. I need input please I could barely sleep last night, the not knowing not even an idea of whats wrong with my uterus and all i can find on the internet is about cancer but wouldn't my ob of said something if she suspected it? I'm so worried please help.. btw i'm currently 5 months post partum and still look about 6-7 months pregnant, i'm asked EVERYWHERE i go when my baby's due so humiliating I also have not lost not 1 pound in 5 months and i'm very active.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: New here and need opinions on this please..

crystall,

You are going to worry yourself sick. Call your ob/gyn and make an appointment to talk. Bring all your questions with you--ask her to explain the ultasound findings, the reason for the hysterscope and D&C and if there was any chance that you could be looking at a cancer diagnose. Bring someone you trust with you to this appointment so that you do not miss any details that are explained to you. This second person can also make sure that you ask all of your questions and that you receive answers. Impress upon this doctor that you have a young family for which I am sure this doctor is aware since she just delivered your third child. You deserve answers because you need to sign a consent for her to perform the procedures and you really need to know why the procedure is being done and for what reason.
Good luck and let me know how you do--I will keep you in my thoughts.

Closed Thread