It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
(female)

sujana HB User
does having 13 mm endometrial lining indicate cancer

does having 13 mm endometrial lining indicate cancer

Old 09-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: does having 13 mm endometrial lining indicate cancer

sujana,

The short answer to that question is "NO". My lining was 18 mm and it turned out to be a uterine polyp.
If you still get a period it could be because they did the ultasound to close to when you should be getting a period. If you are in menapouse, than you will have an endometrial biopsy done to check the tissue. If all is fine, than you will either be given a birth control pill to induce a period to shed the lining or the doctor my just opt to perform a D&C and remove the whole lining.
Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

herekittykitty HB User

I just had an endometrial biopsy for a uterine lining of 13mm, exactly the same as yours. I was at a point in my cycle that it should have been less than that. I heard back from my biopsy and there was no cancer or precancer. So, no, just because the lining is 13mm does not mean you have cancer, but do whatever testing your doctors want you to do to be certain.

The following user gives a hug of support to herekittykitty:
shisslak (03-26-2011)
Old 03-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
(female)

Mainegirl HB User

Mine was just found to be 19mm. I have a polyp that I'm getting removed on 4/20. My menstrual cycles are lasting almost 20 days during the month (ridiculous!!). At first I was so scared and worried but the dr. kind of skirted over the possibility of cancer and was more worried about my being anemic and my huge polyp (almost 20mm). It's tough to be patient for my surgery date...

Closed Thread