It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
(female)

BBonas001 HB User
fluid in uterus

I am 63 years old and postmenopausal. Fluid was found in my uterus after an ultrasound. I had a endometrial biopsy and the results were negative for cancer. I was scheduled for another in June of this year and completly forgot about it and after calls and letters from my doctor I'm schedule for a second one next week. At the time of the ultrasound I was using an estrogen patch but have since weaned myself off of it. I did take 10 mg of Progesterone for 10 days but nothing happened (no bleeding). I guess my question is could this fluid be a result of taking estrogen and since I've never had any abnormal bleeding how serious is this?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
(female)

kraklowm HB User
Re: fluid in uterus

Are you having another ultrasound, or another biopsy? If ultrasound, they should do a transvaginal ultrasound in addition to a pelvic one. They should measure the endometrial thickness. Fluid in the uterus can be a sign of something serious, so it's good that you have that appointment scheduled!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread