It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

mississippimama HB User
Abnormal Bleeding/Pelvic Pain - HELP!

Ladies,

I am at the end of my rope! I had abnormal bleeding in March (almost like 2 periods) and have had a low dull ache in my pelvic area/back since then. I've see two gynecologists.

The first appointment, he said this was probably just a "fluke" and to wait and see how the next 2-3 months shake out.

Next doctor (a female) did a thorough exam and a vaginal ultrasound. She said it was normal. Only thing of significance was my endometrial lining was "thick" but sure enough I started my period 48 hours later. She wants to see me back if the bleeding persists (endometrial biopsy) or the pain continues (lap ? something.)

She seems really on the ball. But in the meantime, I am driving myself crazy with worry!!! Any ideas?

Symptoms:
chronic dull pelvic ache (can almost feel my ovaries aching)
abnormal bleeding
backache
intermittent hip/thigh pain
heavy/clotty period

Ruled out:
Anything thyriod related
back issues (had MRI)
ultrasound normal
pap normal
all bloodwork normal

Any reassurance would be appreciated!!!

Old 04-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User
Re: Abnormal Bleeding/Pelvic Pain - HELP!

Please have a biopsy as some problems are high in the womb. Mine was not detected by the usual pap or an ultrasound. Not worth the worry and the 'fluke' doctor....would be bypassing him fast!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
(female)

jujumcm HB Userjujumcm HB User

hiya, i have the same symptoms. i've been bleeding in between periods around ovulation every month for the past year. i've been waiting 3months for a d&c and biopsie. i also have back pain, pelvic pain and sore hips. keep me posted on how things go. i wasnt really worried because my gynae said that its not usual for some1 under 40 to get cancer.

Last edited by jujumcm; 05-25-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimama View Post
Ladies,

I am at the end of my rope! I had abnormal bleeding in March (almost like 2 periods) and have had a low dull ache in my pelvic area/back since then. I've see two gynecologists.

The first appointment, he said this was probably just a "fluke" and to wait and see how the next 2-3 months shake out.

Next doctor (a female) did a thorough exam and a vaginal ultrasound. She said it was normal. Only thing of significance was my endometrial lining was "thick" but sure enough I started my period 48 hours later. She wants to see me back if the bleeding persists (endometrial biopsy) or the pain continues (lap ? something.)

all bloodwork normal

Any reassurance would be appreciated!!!
I think a female doc. is more sensitive. Has she given you the blood test cancer marker CA125 to rule out ovarian cancer or related cancer?

I sure hope it is just some growth in the uterus or ovaries and can be taken out or treated.

Take care,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 05-29-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
(female)

LadySoprano HB User

I was having all of the same symptoms. I began my period on January seventh and in February when i Hadnt stopped I almost fainted and went to the ER they thought I was faking it and sent me home. I made an appointment with my OBGYN who sent me to get a more in depth ultra and sono... they put me on Micronor a progesterone only BC pill which helped for a few days at a time... I had a Hysteroscopy and D&C on May 12. My lab results came in on Monday and I have been diagnosed with Complex Hyperplasia with Atypia. Its not good. This is one of the main risk factors for Cancer... be persistant with your doctor and let them know that you want them to do an endometrial biopsy and conside you for a D&C procedure... they will send the specimens to a lab for review. this is one of those things that they cant detect with a pap... and a thickened endometrial lining is a sign and symptom... good luck and message me with anything. im new to this disease so Im learning alot and FAST. Im only 24...

Closed Thread