It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
(male)

Touchdown99 HB User
Just diagnosed with stage 2 uterine cancer...confused?

After having a vaginal hysterectomy, my Mom (mid 60's) went back to her obgyn for her hysterectomy follow up and was told she had Stage 2 cancer. Here is exactly what the Dr. said: "invasive adenocarcinoma. Invasion into outer half of muscle of uterus. No extension to outside of uterus. Stage 2". He wrote this down for my mom. How does this all sound to you? What does he mean that there is no extension to outside of uterus, yet he also wrote invasion into outer half of muscle of uterus? He said he thinks it can be treated with radiation. Her appointment with the gyn oncologist is in about 10 days. We would really appreciate any thoughts or insight. Thank you so much.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Just diagnosed with stage 2 uterine cancer...confused?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchdown99 View Post
After having a vaginal hysterectomy, my Mom (mid 60's) went back to her obgyn for her hysterectomy follow up and was told she had Stage 2 cancer. Here is exactly what the Dr. said: "invasive adenocarcinoma. Invasion into outer half of muscle of uterus. No extension to outside of uterus. Stage 2". He wrote this down for my mom. How does this all sound to you? What does he mean that there is no extension to outside of uterus, yet he also wrote invasion into outer half of muscle of uterus? He said he thinks it can be treated with radiation. Her appointment with the gyn oncologist is in about 10 days. We would really appreciate any thoughts or insight. Thank you so much.
I had uterus sarcoma 10 years ago and I had chemo and got it cured. I was in stage 3/4.

Stage 2 is not too bad. Radiation should do the trick.
What he really means is the cancer is not spreading outside of uterus and go to the ovary and anywhere yet. But the cancer was coming out of uterus and is in the wall there. It is not spreading to other organs.

So she should get the radiation done ASAP and hopefully she will be in remission.

Regards,
Nina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Just diagnosed with stage 2 uterine cancer...confused?

Sorry you're dealing with this; if it's any consolation, though, uterine cancer is considered probably the most curable form of cancer- it has the highest survival rate of all cancers, except maybe squamus cell skin cancer, which is practically never fatal.
Stage two is not bad. It could be much worse.
There's every probability that your mom will be okay.
I know it's still difficult for her and the rest of the family to go through this, though.
Best wishes to you all.

Closed Thread