It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
(female)

Heather1973 HB User
Question Should I be Worried?

Hi,

I have posted in the 'Womens Health' Section, but thought I would post here too for some advise.

I do apologise for the long post!!

About 5-6 weeks ago I went to my GP as I was experiencing problems after eating, I felt completely bloated and unable to finish my meals and on occasions had bad pain on my upper left abdomen. I was also having very heavy/clotty periods and just didn't feel 'right' in my lower abdomen - it may sound odd, but I felt swollen - having problems going for a pee and also felt a lot of pressure on my bowels all of the time.

My GP prescribed Transamic Acid to help with periods and Omeprazole to help with the upper tummy pains. Since then I have been for a smear test which came back abnormal - I have been to a colposcopy clinic and waiting for results from a lump biopsy, which I am hoping will arrive soon.

I have also had a pelvic examination by my GP who informed me that I had a bulky mass in my womb and a prolapse and later during the examination in the colposcopy clinic the Gynae also felt the mass and her actual words were - 'wow - that is big' and started talking about fibroids and hysterectomies.

Anyway, since then I have been admitted into hospital overnight as I was in a lot of discomfort with my stomach and back, I also had a high white blood count and a low grade fever, my GP thought it may have been my gallbladder - but a scan has shown these areas are fine. I had completely lost my appetite and felt nauseus most of the time by that stage and although I was given the choice to stay in hospital until I regained my appetite I wanted to come home.

I have since had a pelvic scan and all was fine, apart from I was told the lining of my womb was thick and there was either a small fibroid, a polyp or possibly fluid in my womb - I am waiting for the results to go back to my GP and see what he decides to do. But I am slightly confused as to why I was told this mass was so big, then the scan shows something small??

I am still feeling sick, but my main problem is that I just feel so bloated all of the time - like I have just eaten a massive meal, I have lost over a stone in weight as I am just unable to eat much at all.

I really just don't know what to do? I know that I need to be patient and wait for the results to come through - but should I be worried about any of my symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Should I be Worried?

I am sorry that you have something in the uterine.... Usually the fluid in there may indicate cancer if it is, but it could also just be a cyst. Usually if they can feel it, it has to go. I would suggest that you take it out since you feel very bad.

When I had my uterine cancer, my stomach and tommy was feeling very bad. So painful after I eat and I got hernia... It was cancer.... I got fluid in the womb and etc. It was at first misdiagnosed as cyst and then it was sarcoma in uterine - a high-grade cancer. I did chemo in 2000/2001 and I am cured.

Anyway, it does not sound very good. Unless you have other conditions, it may be something fishing around the womb or even the ovaries.

Ask the doctors what you should do. You need to deal with it ASAP. I was told to go to the ER and they gave me the first operation the same evening to find out what was wrong with the hernia and I went from there... I had to go out of town for chemo.

Not to scare you, but when it comes to bloating and tumor, it is not a small growth for sure. You could also try to find second opinion.

Good luck,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 08-01-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
(female)

Heather1973 HB User

Hi Nina,

Thank you for your reply. Sounds like you have been thru a tough time too, but so pleased to hear that you are OK

I did go back to my GP last Friday, but to be honest I am more confused/frustrated now than before!

I called to the practise on Friday and spoke to a nurse to see if my results from the pelvic scan had arrived - they had but at that stage they had not been seen by a GP. She went thru the notes and said that a referal to a Gynae was recommended as there was a suspected submucous fibroid...so I thought that was possibly the answer.

So I arranged to go and see a female GP at the practise later that day - but she said that the scan was fine, but they had hi-lighted that the lining of my womb was thick, but not to worry as it could not be cancer as there was no fluid - now bearing in mind what I was told during the scan and shown - so this does not make sense - but she is referring me to a Gynae.

I did speak to her regarding my other symptoms, as it seemed she was saying that 'all was well' and not to worry, but obviously I can't carry on like this. I was due to have an endoscopy on 24th August for the bloating/sick feeling as one of the problems I have is the feeling that something is stuck in my throat. She examined my throat/neck and weighed me and wasn't too happy and feels it is best that I have the endoscopy within the next 2 weeks.

So I get the feeling that she thinks it is two seperate things, but I am just so confused about the scan and the results! Unfortunately I didn't have the courage to speak up and query the information that she gave me - so I guess I just have to wait?!

I'll just be glad when I'm back to 'normal'

Very Best Wishes

Old 08-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User

It helps if the GP looks at all angles to rule out other possibilities.
BTW, I went to my obgyn and GP as well but no one was able to tell me what was wrong months earlier... Maybe mine was rare and my body is different.

The GP didn't know about uterine cancer but he saw that hard hernia and told me to go to the ER right away...

The thing is apparently no one knew what was wrong. It was the chaos like yours.

When it is found out, it was kind of late in my opinion. Stupid doctors... I complained and complained about my pain... Didn't know that my stomach pain or bloating would have to do with my uterine...

I sure hope your GYN will find out what is wrong... Also what the GP sees may not be the problem. You see, if they don't go inside the body, they just have to make educated guesses...

I hope there is nothing bad going on in your body...

Good luck and take care,
Nina

The Following User Says Thank You to ninamarc For This Useful Post:
Heather1973 (08-01-2011)
Old 08-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
(female)

Heather1973 HB User

Thank you Nina x

Closed Thread