It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
(female)

woe HB User
Could this be anything other than cancer?

Hi All.

I'm new to this but need some ideas of what could be going on.

Some history - 10 years ago, 2 weeks after my 32nd birthday I was diagnosed with Duke's C colorectal cancer, had 45cm of my bowel removed, 6 months of chemo and went on with my life. I've since had 3 children (currently 7, almost 5 and 2 years). I am 42 and last week went to my GP for a routine Pap test (the results of which were Normal). On pelvic exam my GP noticed that my uterus was enlarged and above the pelvic bone, she referred me for a transvaginal ultrasound which I had this morning. The report for this is not available, but the sonographer told me she saw no fibroids but did say that the uterine lining was thickened. My periods are regular at 26 days, the past 3 I have noticed a few clots of about 5mm during the cycles. Also since my periods returned after my last child (when he was 7 months) they have been quite heavy on day 2 then rather light and lasting for 5 days. The past 6 or so have just gone on for an extra 3 up to 6 days, but really really light, not flowing just there iykwim.

So based on today's ultrasound showing thickening of the endometrium, what are the likely causes of this, does anyone know? I can't get into my GP to get teh report until next week.

TIA

W

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Could this be anything other than cancer?

Woe,

I am sorry that you had cancer before. I am cancer survivor too. I need to congratulate you for having 3 kids after the whole thing! Amazing!

Well, you just have to wait for the report. No need to guess this. For sure there may be a problem, but it may just be some growth which does not have to be cancer. It may be precancer and etc.
However, since you have kids, you don't need to keep the uterus. Many people do this: they take out the uterus by sucking it out (no need for open surgery) and keep the ovaries for hormone issue. So far they are doing fine. My sister had done this too and she is Ok without cancer over that area. The thing is, once you got a problem in the uterus like most women do, you better take it out for good. My Mom is in the 80s and she also has some growth. Some doctors suggested following up given her old age, and some suggested to take it out. Biopsy hurts so it is better to take it out. So it is still a problem when the woman gets older!!

But it is not to say that you have to take it out. Just let you know the option.

Hugs,
Nina

Last edited by ninamarc; 10-03-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread