It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
(male)

fishfinder333 HB User
Cat Scan Results-Bad News?

My mom had unterine cancer 6 years ago. She was treated sucessfully and gets tested regularly ever since. On a recent checkup the Dr suggest that she do a Cat Scan for precautionary reasons because she hasn't had one in a while. Today she got a call from the docs office asking her to make an appointment for next mon to review the cat scan results. This really freaked me out because I'm thinking if the test was negative they would just told her that over the phone or my mail. But since doc is asking for an appointment to go over ct scan resutls does this mean there is something wrong?

Any one have a CT Scan before? How do doctors normally go over ct scan results? In person or over the phone if there is nothing wrong?

I'm so worried and losing sleep over this.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: Cat Scan Results-Bad News?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfinder333 View Post
My mom had unterine cancer 6 years ago. She was treated sucessfully and gets tested regularly ever since. On a recent checkup the Dr suggest that she do a Cat Scan for precautionary reasons because she hasn't had one in a while. Today she got a call from the docs office asking her to make an appointment for next mon to review the cat scan results. This really freaked me out because I'm thinking if the test was negative they would just told her that over the phone or my mail. But since doc is asking for an appointment to go over ct scan resutls does this mean there is something wrong?

Any one have a CT Scan before? How do doctors normally go over ct scan results? In person or over the phone if there is nothing wrong?

I'm so worried and losing sleep over this.
Many people do have ct scan. Well if it is urgent, the doctor would tell her right away. Sometimes the doctor just wants a review. You could ask the receptionist about the reason.
I would not lose sleep over that. It is probably a review - like Ok, you may have this cyst in anothe area, or you need to have some diet. Sometimes, it may not be about that particular cancer. Just something they see and want to discuss. This does not mean cancer.

Honestly, if it is really bad, he would tell you right away.

Hugs,
Nina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread