It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
(male)

yourstruly86 HB User
thickened uterus

My friend is a 33 year old mixed woman who just left her gyn and he rushed her into the procedure room in his office without prior notice and scrapped the entire inside of her uterus. She is very scared of what may be going on and he was very short with her and said two weeks for the results. her uterus has thickened and i read that this usually happens post menopause which usually happens between ages 45 and 55. I figure she's too young for post menopause thickining. she has recently started her period and bled for five hours and stopped but had severe pain in her hips, and then started bleeding intensly this morning for a few minutes and then the pain and bleeding both stopped. Any insight as to what this could be? A cyst was found on her ovary or her uterus, i'm not sure but he said he wasn't worried about that. I am scared as well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: thickened uterus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourstruly86 View Post
My friend is a 33 year old mixed woman who just left her gyn and he rushed her into the procedure room in his office without prior notice and scrapped the entire inside of her uterus. She is very scared of what may be going on and he was very short with her and said two weeks for the results. her uterus has thickened and i read that this usually happens post menopause which usually happens between ages 45 and 55. I figure she's too young for post menopause thickining. she has recently started her period and bled for five hours and stopped but had severe pain in her hips, and then started bleeding intensly this morning for a few minutes and then the pain and bleeding both stopped. Any insight as to what this could be? A cyst was found on her ovary or her uterus, i'm not sure but he said he wasn't worried about that. I am scared as well
If she bled very badly for 5 hours and had unusual pain in her hips, she should go to the ER immediately to check it out in case there is something urgent going on there. Didn't the ob/gyn do the ultra sound or any ct-scan? What was he doing scrapping there? The cyst? There have to be some proof about the growth. If things are growing, then there are procedures to take off the cysts.
She is quite young, so maybe she should seek for another opinion for proactive treatments.

Regards,
Nina

The Following User Says Thank You to ninamarc For This Useful Post:
yourstruly86 (11-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
(female)

Betska HB UserBetska HB UserBetska HB User
Re: thickened uterus

my last ultrasound said the endometrium was unusually thick for a woman my age(46) but it then said this could be hormaonal, and I got quick a heavy period 3 days after that ultrasound. It is hard to know whats going on with what little information you have given. Why was she at the gyno in the first place? how big was the cyst and how thick was the uterus? also when is her next period due?I had a small 1cm cyst on that xray as well and it said this is possible a normal follicular cysts, women get cysts every month as eggs come and go some women get lots some get 1, did she have any abnormal pap smear results because maybe the surgery she had was not only a currette(scrapping the uterus) but a cone biopsy of the cervix which takes 2 weeks or so to get results. Best to call the doctor and disscuss exactly what she has or he suspects she has instead of worrying madly for 2 weeks, it might be nothing. As for the bouts of heaving bleeding I agree to get back to the hospital and just check that is all ok. good luck try not to worry

The Following User Says Thank You to Betska For This Useful Post:
yourstruly86 (11-11-2011)
Closed Thread