It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
(female)

charmainejay HB User
Angry Thickening of the womb

Hi I went for my usual 6 month internal ultrasound scan 2 weeks ago 2/5/12 to check on my ovarian cyst, the radiologist said the cyst had not changed in size but they don't like to leave this kind of cyst and that my doctor may advise that it be removed. The same week on the Friday I seen my Doctor (Surgeon) I asked if the cyst was fine she said that they think its best to leave it alone because it hasn't grown in over a year. I then said i think it may be better if it was removed (this was me taking into consideration what the radiologist had said) The Surgeon tried to talk me out of having the cyst removed until I said to her "well what if it turns cancerous"? She then decided it may be better to remove it. Yesterday afternoon I get a call from the Surgeon telling me they saw a thickening of my womb and need to do a biopsy as well as remove the cyst, because i haven't seen a period for 13 months then suddenly they return as normal 3 months ago. I have learned that unless we ask questions and care about ourselves no one else will. Some one has got to answer a few important question for me real soon. I am booked in for the tests June 18th originally sad to say they were willing to send me home and re scan me in 6 months. My advice don't let them flob you off they really don't know everything, to them we are just a number not someones daughter, wife, mother just a simple easy to remember number. They frown when we ask questions all they get is a deep frown line i could have to face a lot worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
ovarian cysts