It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

kittybean HB User
Question 19 mm thickness

I am encouraged that many other women are dealing with issues similiar to mine. I just had my biopsy of my 19 mm thickness last night and meet with my Dr Monday. I feel like I think you might in that I am not sure how to proceed. I do not want to blindly accept the recommendations as I am not a fan of Drs and hospitals and prefer a more natural approach to health, so I am looking for opinions and more information as I want to make the right choices.
So they mentioned a D and C in my near future and maybe a hyst. I will find out my biopsy results Monday and am hopeful it is nothing. My NP said she didn't hink it was cancer.
I guess my thing is that I want to be bale to have choices in all of this...
Good luck to all of you. Wishing you positive outcomes and peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

Jaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB User
Re: Biopsy for a .8mm thickened uterine lining

I've had a d&c which was a piece of cake. Also had a biopsy that was painful, but luckily came back fine. An ultrasound found a very large fibroid. I had become extremely anemic from heavy periods. I was told a hysterectomy was an option, but had to get the anemia under control first. Started getting lupron shots in January which caused me to bleed the entire month. Was told that the 2nd shot would stop the bleeding. The day after the 2nd shot I began hemorrhaging and was sent to the hospital. By the next morning I was in need of transfusions and an emergency hysterectomy. The fibroid was on the outside of my uterus and my body was trying to get rid of it. It has now been 11 weeks since surgery and I feel like a new person! Don't let anyone tell you that fibroids are harmless. I could have died!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
(female)

Hystersister HB User
Re: Biopsy for a .8mm thickened uterine lining

Get it checked out with a biopsy as the thick wall can have cancer cells, I just had hysterectomy with wall 7mm

Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
(female)

mountainsky HB User
Re: 19 mm thickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybean View Post
I am encouraged that many other women are dealing with issues similiar to mine. I just had my biopsy of my 19 mm thickness last night and meet with my Dr Monday. I feel like I think you might in that I am not sure how to proceed. I do not want to blindly accept the recommendations as I am not a fan of Drs and hospitals and prefer a more natural approach to health, so I am looking for opinions and more information as I want to make the right choices.
So they mentioned a D and C in my near future and maybe a hyst. I will find out my biopsy results Monday and am hopeful it is nothing. My NP said she didn't hink it was cancer.
I guess my thing is that I want to be bale to have choices in all of this...
Good luck to all of you. Wishing you positive outcomes and peace of mind.
Hi Kittybean,

Did you find out your results? I too like to take the more natural approach as much as possible so I am wondering what you decided to do? My lining about 13 mm (or 1.4cm) in thickness and they want to do a biopsy so that will be done tomorrow. Hope everything came out fine for you!

Reply Reply