It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
(female)

melbous HB User
Questions after endometrial biopsy

Hello everyone. I just had an endo biopsy yesterday after a couple years of HEAVY bleeding, bleeding between periods, odd discharge, pelvic pain.

I am 36 have 3 children and was told from numerous ultrasounds that I had fibroids causing this, but despite my concerns about cancer I was blown off and a biopsy not done until I found a new gyn.

My question is this...during the biopsy the doc and tech were talking out loud and mentioned that they were getting back ALOT of tissue and what looked like blood vessels mixed in the samples. My uterine lining was 19mm on ultrasound. I'm a bit freaked now as the doc made it clear that what she got back on biopsy did not look like what she was used to getting...

I don't go back for results for 2 weeks. Anyone else have this type of experience, or told their biopsy looked abnormal even to the naked eye?

Old 09-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
(female)

Mary482 HB User
Re: Questions after endometrial biopsy

Melbous, I am brand new to this board too. I am so sorry for your scare, and let us hope that is what it is, a scare, and no more or curable at least.
I have been diagnosed with endometrial carcenoma and will be operated on in two weeks. This is such a scary processs.. And it seems like my friends and family are looking to me for re-assurance and to be an emotional support in their fears that they may loose me.. We will be telling our children (in their twenties) next week, and I am a bit scared for that. I think that one of the most difficult things is that I also could not convince the Dr that there was something wrong with me... My heart goes out to you, and I thank you for posting your experience which sadly resonates with my own, and I suspect many other folks MM

Last edited by Mary482; 09-30-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
(female)

melbous HB User

Hi Mary,

Thanks for you response. I was starting to wonder if anyone was seeing my post. lol. I am hoping that if it were cancer I would have heard something by now. My biopsy was Wednesday. Otherwise if I don't hear anything I have an appt on the 9th.

How long did it take for you biopsy results?

Mel

Old 09-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
(female)

Mary482 HB User

Hi Mel, It took a week after my biopsy to get the result. Waiting time is soo hard. I found out the grade is between 1 and 2 which means how aggressively it grows. I am glad that it is not a 3. After surgery and the return of the pathology test, I will then know the stage. It feels good to meet someone who knows how hard the waiting is.

I am surmising that the Dr finding lots in your sample means that there is some growth but definitely does not mean cancer. Sounds as if they meant that they got a good sample (young lining gives better samples than old ladies non-elastic lining). Or so I am guessing.

Please keep me posted as to how you are doing. I really care. I suspect that you are like me, needing to stay strong for everyone else and carrying on.. Congratulations to us strong and also sensitive women. MM

Old 10-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
(female)

melbous HB User

Mary,

Yes it is nice to have someone else who understands the waiting. As for the sample being just tissue from a young person...the Dr. and the tech were talking and one of the two of them (I'm not sure which since I was screaming in pain) said "what is up with that", or something to that effect then the other one mentioned there were blood vessels attached too. So I'd love to be able to accept that it was because I was young, but no such luck.

Still haven't heard anything. I had seen others who go their results in just a few days when it was cancer and was feeling hopeful about the fact that I hadn't heard anything yet. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting...

Mel

Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
(female)

Mary482 HB User

Oh Mel, I am so sorry, and your explanation really deserves a sad face. Feeling for you. I just found a wonderful resource. I phoned the American Cancer Society. They are open for phone calls 24/7 . I specifically asked about telling my children, and I think of you. They e-mailed and sent me excellent material.
I hope you can phone your Doctor and get him moving on finding out and giving you the results. Please keep me posted as to how you are doing. For me it is easy to advocate for my family and children. I would be on the phone in a minute asking for info on another person, but find it difficult to advocate for myself. You deserve some
response from your Doctor. You have waited long enough. Thinking of you and sorry that I did not hear your concerns enough in my last post. Your concerns are valid..
((((((((you and I and our famiies too )))))))))

Last edited by mod85; 10-02-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
(female)

melbous HB User

I called my doc office today to inquire about the biopsy results instead of waiting due to conflict with my scheduled appt next week. The nurse proceeded to tell that she wouldn't give me my results over the phone. I explained I started training for a new job monday and am not allowed to miss any time for 4 weeks.

She hesitated and told me that my pathology came back benign for now, but the results still need to be addressed very soon with my doctor. She didn't read me the actual report or tell me what it said.

The best I can guess from this is hyperplasia? Ugh, not sure how I'm going to find out any sooner than 4 weeks from now...

Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #8
(female)

Mary482 HB User

Oh Mel, This is nervewracking. Am glad for the benign for now. Am glad that you got into them early.... but the wait, and the Doctor not getting on the phone with you is a real bummer. I would ask for a paid phone consultation with the Doctor.. At least it is worth the try. I would tell them, that I would even pay out of pocket in order for some peace of mind. Really feel for you. This whole system is nervewracking. Imagine having to get the nurse to tell you what you need to know.
I understandably got a warning here, because I was not careful and gave out a phone number. Am so glad that those people, mentioned above were available to help me find the words to tell my kids and to give me more information. Perhaps they can help you too. This is a scary and sometimes lonely time for us. Caring about you.

Closed Thread