It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

79amanda HB User
Enlarged uterus

Hi
I am just surfing through her for information. I have been having issues with my montly for over a year. I took birth control to help and it did, initially. Then stopped. So my monthly last about 20 days give or take a month. Very frustrating. My regular obgyn said it was nothing to worry about and to double up on the b.c. pills for a few days. Needless to I decided to go to a new doctor. He said my uterus was enlarged to that of a 8 to 10 week pregnancy! I am fixed so no worries there. I went back for a biopsy on 5.24.12 and am awaiting the results. I am so worried expecting the worst. I dont know what's going to happen or what can cause all this. Just anxious to get it behind me. My old obgyn did an ultra sound (after I asked) about 6 months ago and said everything looked fine. I dont know what the biopsy might can pick up that an utra sound can't.
Is there any questions I should ask when I go back? Is it a usual thing for someone with an enlarged uterus to have a hysterectomy? I am interested in the "ablation" by novasure to stop my monthly cycle, but am just wanting all the information I can get.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Amanda

Old 05-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
(female)

Betska HB UserBetska HB UserBetska HB User
Re: Enlarged uterus does not always mean cancer

Hi Amanada
Ok so maybe it could be something terrible and I would worry just like you but being you have really long bleeds it could also be possible it was enlarged during the ultrasound because it was just about to flow again. I had about 10 ultrasounds keeping check on my fallopian tube disorder, depending on my stage of my cycle it sometimes was over sized and the times it was within 2 or 3 days I had terrible flooding periods that folllowed. If your previous OBYGN gave you alll clear Im sure its nothing to be overly concerned about.They do a biospsy because you have irregular and long bleeds plus you had no result from taking the pill but that also isnt unusual the pill dont always help in most info I have read the pill dont help at all. Depends on age as well. I had a friend who had pollups seen and they did a DnC also removed pollups then did that abilation and she said shes fine. Anyway try not stress yourself if it is bad you have got it very early and you will be fine I am sure.Try looking at natural alternatives, Vit C VitB 12,6 and complex and I beleive Vit E can all help with heavy long bleeds theres other minerals too cant remmeber which go0d luck let me know how it all goes[

The Following User Says Thank You to Betska For This Useful Post:
79amanda (05-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread