It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

Mary482 HB User
Endo Cancer. Waiting for surgery

Please anyone who has been through this experience, please respond.
I feel as if I am preparing for surgery in two weeks, and in the meantime am getting everything and everyone ready.. Telling our adult kids is the hardest. Good friend support but they are scared. Husband hard working and supportive, but I am feeling lonely. People are praising me for being strong.. but I do not want to be. I will handle what needs to be handled but oh it would be good to be able to have a good cry.. Thanks. MM

Last edited by Mary482; 09-30-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
(female)

chrisdsd1 HB User
Re: Endo Cancer. Waiting for surgery

Mary, I was in your shoes in July. I just had my surgery last week and I am doing great. I see you live in Eastern US, I live in Pa.I had my surgery at Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown by a Gynocologist/Oncologist. It was a Robotic assisted surgery and my recovery was really quick. Don't feel like you always have to be strong, believe me I did have my days when I would crash and burn. When the scans were done to find out if the cancer had spread, it was found that the uterine cancer did not but it was discovered that I have lymphoma. I was prescribed Ativan which helped me tremedously. I will say that the cancer diagnosis has changed me, but believe it or not it is for the better. You can do this and it will get better and you will get stronger. At first I could not even say the word cancer, but I am no longer afraid of it. The first time I went to my appt with the Gynocologist/Oncologist I began to cry as I walked in to the Cancer Center. So much has changed since then, you will see it will get better.One thing I realized is that a cancer diagnosis is not a death sentence. There are so many people that have been cured or are living with and managing their cancer. It was also very hard for me to tell my adult son because he has a family of his own and I felt I did not want him to worry about me or be a burden to him. I wish you the very best on your surgery and hope you have a recovery that was as easy as I did. If you have any other questions, please just ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
(female)

Mary482 HB User

Chris... You are a gift to me today.. Thank You for being here. You said all the right things.. I needed you, and you were there.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
(female)

chrisdsd1 HB User

Glad I could help you Mary. Like I said, if you have any questions or just need to talk, please message me.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
(female)

Mary482 HB User

No questions right now, but soo glad to just talk. Perhaps this rings somewhat true to someone else..
So, I am not complaining.. well a little perhaps. But it is soooo strange. Since news is sorta out that I have "Cancer" I keep getting hugged. It is sooo awkward. People are just being kind. Even the hairdresser hugged me today, and so did I neighbor I hardly know... and the Dr's. It is disconcerting and a bit funny. I mean, I am not falling apart and it feels awkward. ..

Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
(female)

chrisdsd1 HB User

When I first got the diagnosis from my Dr. I sat there and cried. Then he was trying to say that the cancer was grade one and he thought it would be stage one. But once I heard the word cancer it was hard to hear anything else. He was telling me to focus on what he was saying, but I was still crying. He held my hand as I cried.He told me if you are going to get cancer, endometrial cancer is the best one to get. I think of that now and laugh about his comment. I will never forget that day. As I was leaving the nurse gave me a hug, and I can say I really needed it at that time. I was definitely falling apart.
You sound as if you are in a much better place than I was at that time.
I don't get the hugs from people as much as I get told that they will pray for me.
The thing that really freaked me out was when they found lymphoma too. I thought how can I have 2 cancers and not go completely insane with worry.
Will I got past that also. The Lymphoma is very slow growing and probably will not even require treatment at this time. The doc said I won't die of it but I will die with it. So along the way I may have to get some treatments. So I just go about living my life and CANCER is not on my mind 24/7 any longer.
May I ask, when is your surgery and what type is being done? Hope I am not asking too many questions.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
(female)

Mary482 HB User

Hi Chris, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My usually active mind feels like mush. Overwhelmed. I am glad that you had someone with whom you could cry. I have not had that opportunity yet, and find that i am running on stamina and strength I do not have. I have endometrial cancer between grade one and grade two and surgery will be within the next two weeks. I am going out with girlfriends today for a good day out and looking forward to it.. Will be back later. I am so glad that you are here..

Old 12-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
(female)

ces59 HB Userces59 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary482 View Post
Hi Chris, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My usually active mind feels like mush. Overwhelmed. I am glad that you had someone with whom you could cry. I have not had that opportunity yet, and find that i am running on stamina and strength I do not have. I have endometrial cancer between grade one and grade two and surgery will be within the next two weeks. I am going out with girlfriends today for a good day out and looking forward to it.. Will be back later. I am so glad that you are here..
I have just heard I have endometrial cancer - don't know what grade as I need further tests. I just cannot believe it as I have had so much ill health including major surgery in the last two - three years. It all seems so unfair. I cannot see things rationally and just end up in tears. My mother died quite young of cancer although she was older than me. It was a terrible experience and I am terrified of the same. Life is terrible at times. Help me to be more positive.

Closed Thread