It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
(female)

barroness HB User
May be getting a biopsy, and worried

For the past three years I've been having a lot of problems with my reproductive organs. I've had a Bartholin's Gland Cyst twice (drained and treated with antibiotics, pain medication, and word catheter) and I've had at least three ovarian cysts since June this year (2012). Before my first Bartholin's Gland Cyst (September, 2011), my periods were very short and I never had cramps, as well as very little bleeding (usually 2 days of light bleeding). At some point after my first Bartholin's Gland Cyst (September, 2011) my periods got a bit heavier and I got very horrible cramps. These painful cramps would sometimes keep me from being able to get up because they were just so bad. Since I've gotten my first ovarian cyst (June, 2012) I have had various pelvic pain (not at all cramps, certainly different) almost every single day. Just a month ago I found out that I had bacterial vaginosis. I took my antibiotics for a week, went back for a follow up and it was gone. However, when they found the infection, they also did ultrasounds (abdominal and transvaginal) and I received some results in the mail. These told me that my endometrium was "1.8 cm thick" and "abnormally thickened." A letter was attached telling me that I needed to have these result followed up by my ob-gyn.

I told my family about it and my grandmother told me that she had the same problem and had to have a hysterectomy because of it (at a young age). Thankfully, she had her children really young and was already done when they found it so they did the hysterectomy and then the biopsy. I however, am also very young and very scared that my next step is a biopsy. I'm still waiting to hear back from my doctor about it.

I've been in constant pain since June and it just seems that one problem after another has come up. I just recently celebrated my 1 year anniversary with my husband and we hope to start having kids within the coming years. So I'm not only worried about having a biopsy and possibly being sick, I'm also worried that I won't be able to have kids because of all my problems.

I just really need some thoughts from others, because I feel that I'm the only one super worried about this. It makes me feel alone and stupid at times, but I'm not at all patient and waiting to hear from a doctor is killing me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread