It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

Sassydoll4life HB User
Uterine Cancer Stage I

I am 35 and was diagnosed with Stage I Uterine Cancer in September of this year. I have no children and am very hesitant to have a total hysterectomy, which has been my gynecologist as well as my gynooncologist's recommendation. As of now, I am taking Megace and I was wondering if anyone is or has done this as a treatment. I go back in January to see if it has helped. I would appreciate any advice or information you could give me.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
(female)

ces59 HB Userces59 HB User
Re: Uterine Cancer Stage I

Sweetheart do you want children? If you really don't, the. get rid of it all. If you do then it possibly has to be now if the docs agree it will be OK. Cancer is unforgiving and won't wait and you have a lot of life to live. A hard decision I know. I have it too but have had my kids so it is no contest but I think at your age I would still do the same. Do you have a partner? What is his view? Here in the UK they would definitely be recommending hysterectomy although I suppose they may consider other options. I have no need to discuss them but would radiation damage your ovaries or could you have some eggs stored first? Radiation would not damage your womb so the you could have IVF. If you store eggs and have a hysterectomy you may be able to find a suggogate. Almost impossible to do that here but I understand easier ethically in the States than the UK but costly? Good luck whatever you decide to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to ces59 For This Useful Post:
Sassydoll4life (12-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
(female)

Sassydoll4life HB User

I do wish to have children, but my infertifility issue is separate from my Cancer, so I will have to take a fertility drug called Clomid. I can only take 2 rounds of this because it will cause my Cancer to come back aggresively. My husband already has a child and he does not wish for me to risk my health to have a baby. He does not want to risk losing me. I know that I am not old, but 35 is not so young to start a family with these complications. I have been doing a lot of praying because I know no matter what advice people give me, I have to make the decision in the end. Thank you so much for your comments. I hope you are having happy holidays. Yeah, inventro is very expensive. I am a teacher and don't have that kind of money and I guess I am too much of a control freak (lol) to have a surrogate. LOL

The following user gives a hug of support to Sassydoll4life:
ces59 (12-27-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #4
(female)

ces59 HB Userces59 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassydoll4life View Post
I do wish to have children, but my infertifility issue is separate from my Cancer, so I will have to take a fertility drug called Clomid. I can only take 2 rounds of this because it will cause my Cancer to come back aggresively. My husband already has a child and he does not wish for me to risk my health to have a baby. He does not want to risk losing me. I know that I am not old, but 35 is not so young to start a family with these complications. I have been doing a lot of praying because I know no matter what advice people give me, I have to make the decision in the end. Thank you so much for your comments. I hope you are having happy holidays. Yeah, inventro is very expensive. I am a teacher and don't have that kind of money and I guess I am too much of a control freak (lol) to have a surrogate. LOL
Sassydoll I was a teacher too! Please put yourself first as it sounds to me that it will be complicated and probably take time trying to have a baby. And what if you do manage to have one but you risk not treating the cancer as early as you can. For me no contest and I am sure I would have felt the same at 35. Who knows but try to let your head rule on this one. I am waiting for my MRI date to check whether the cancer has spread. I am not a religious person really but I too have had thoughts on that plane! Good luck whatever you do.

Closed Thread