It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
(female)

ces59 HB Userces59 HB User
Re: Uterine thickening at 60

Sure will. I just hope I am not in a really bad state and find it difficult to post. Nothing in my life has been so frightening.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #17
(female)

wnorm HB User

You'll be in my prayers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #18
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User

Just wanted to check in with you and see how both of you are doing? I found out my uterus is enlarged and I'm scheduled for a vaginal ultrasound. I have not had a period for 5 years. I have not had any bleeding, and I've always been bloated so I don't know if I can claim any other symptoms.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #19
(female)

ces59 HB Userces59 HB User
Smile Re: Uterine thickening at 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingertea View Post
Just wanted to check in with you and see how both of you are doing? I found out my uterus is enlarged and I'm scheduled for a vaginal ultrasound. I have not had a period for 5 years. I have not had any bleeding, and I've always been bloated so I don't know if I can claim any other symptoms.
Hopefully you will be fine. Bleeding is usually first sign with this form of cancer and you have not had that so may be nothing. I have come through this so far well. It is now six weeks since I had the hysterectomy and unfortunately I am still having spotting but the docs don't seem worried. I feel so well it is hard to do nothing - I should rest more. I had lots of biopsies taken from outside the womb and they all proved negative so it was all contained and removed. So thankfully I have not needed radiation or chemotherapy. I feel as if my life has been given back to me. I did have signs of endometriosis which you may have. Once my womb was taken away this was solved. You may have this and if so they will want to monitor it - the worst bit is all the waiting - returning of biopsies etc. In the UK it can take a while but I cannot really fault my treatment. It was only two months from my first having symptoms to the operation and there is an awful lot of scanning and testing needed before you get to the operation stage. It was however two and a half weeks then before I knew it had not spread. I am now on three monthly monitoring. Very best wishes to you.

Last edited by ces59; 03-15-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

The Following User Says Thank You to ces59 For This Useful Post:
gingertea (03-16-2013)
Old 03-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #20
(female)

wnorm HB User

I second Ces59's comment. Enlargement may only mean that you're a candidate for treatment with progesterone or perhaps just a d and c.Don't assume the worst. I have a tendency to catastrophize things. It's not a healthy attitude. I needed a reality check. It's too early for you to know for sure. Write in the forum when you get your results. I'd like to know how you're doing.
I started showing symptoms over 3 years ago(spotting, bloating, urinary frequency etc). I also have inflammatory bowel disease so it was very easy for them to blame the symptoms on the colitis.The gyno blamed them on vaginitis. The urologist blamed them on "irritable bladder syndrome". The urologist even gave me a prescription for more estrogen cream. The gyno gave me a prescription for more vaginal estrogen cream, which was the worst thing they could do, considering the outcome. However, in retrospect, I feel it wasn't addressed adequately. I have a robotic hysterectomy scheduled for April 10, that is unless the robot implodes and they reschedule. I had the ultrsound on Dec 13/2012, the biopsy on Jan 15/2013, the diagnosis on Feb 7/2012, the consultation with Gynecological Oncology on Feb14/2013, the MRI (paid privately $1300) on Feb.20/2013, and the pre-op on mar.7/2013.I just found out the date of surgery on Mar 14. I only got my consult quickly because my brother-in-law is friends with someone who is friends with the doctor. Otherwise I might still be waiting. The system is totally flawed in Quebec.

The Following User Says Thank You to wnorm For This Useful Post:
gingertea (03-16-2013)
Old 03-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #21
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User

I asked my doctor why a uterus would enlarge after menopause and she said most likely it would be a fibroid tumor, and sometimes they grow very large! She told me instead of removing the fibroid, they just remove the uterus. I don't have a problem with that.

What kind of biopsy did they do? Was it painful? I've had cervical biopsies taken on 3 occasions and managed those just fine. I've had several vaginal ultrasounds so I know those are not a big deal.

I guess I'm lucky with the medical system in the US. The radiologists office called to schedule the ultrasound in less than 2 hours, and I have it on March 25th. Quick work! I'm really not worried about it. My mother had several different kinds of cancer so my doctors tend to be overly cautious.

My best friend just had a robot assisted hysterectomy and she said it was quick and easy. She didn't even need any pain pills afterwards. Ibuprofen worked fine. I hope it is as easy for you!

Thank you for your answers! I'll keep you posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to gingertea For This Useful Post:
wnorm (03-16-2013)
Old 03-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #22
(female)

wnorm HB User

Hi. THe uterine biopsy wasn't a big deal either. However, it made my colitis flare up.I have a few small fibroids but nothing special.Hopefully the endometriod adenicarcinoma did not spread throughout the uterine wall. I'll find out during the surgery next month.
Best wishes to you.
Harriet

The following user gives a hug of support to wnorm:
gingertea (03-16-2013)
Old 03-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #23
Veteran
(female)

I got my ultrasound results and my doctor is referring me to a gynecologist. I have 3 different types of fibroids, (small), a polyp, and fluid in the uterus they think is blood. It's not clear fluid. I know I have to have the polyp removed, but so far that's all I know. I meet with my regular doctor on Thursday. I just need to ask some questions so when I see the gynecologist I at least have an idea of the problem. After menopause fibroids are supposed to shrink and disappear. I seem to be growing them. How are you all doing? All this is so confusing!

Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #24
(female)

mountainsky HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAE58 View Post
Oh my! I'm sorry they are taking their own time on this important issue. they should know that a person would be stressing over this. shame on them. I pray they get to you asap. I remember going to hospital for a D&C they did a biopsy. the doctor came in to tell me what he saw. but told me he can't be sure until the biopsy come back. he told me he wanted to see me in a week. so when I went to my appointment that's when he told me the results. this was 5 months ago. this morning he did a internal ultrasound and he was pleased that the pills are finally working. he said in the beginning my lining was 12 mm . whew! i thought it was a 8. Today he said it's a 3 or 4 mm now. and in another month he will do another D&C to check again the cells. Thank you wnorm I pray your test be normal and you can close this chapter . hang in there and God Bless
My prayers are with you. Glad to see the pills are working and I hope they continue to work for you. God is good! I was told today that my lining is 1.4cm thick and for my age they want it to be less than 1cm. I did the ultrasound 12 days before my period is due and they want to do a biopsy and I am stressed to the max! (By the way, I will be 50 next month) 6 mo ago, they said that I had a polyp and now they don't see it and that scares me as I didn't think poylps just disappeared. I am really panicky right now and I'm the one who usually doesn't get like that but glad to hear that you are doing much better!

Reply Reply