It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #1
(female)

Foxrun1943 HB User
stage ii grade 3 endo cancer

Surgery to be done next week and will verify if this preliminary staging is correct and if lymph nodes are involved.

Anyone out there who was in similar situation and how are you doing? Also did anyone need meds to help deal with anxiety? If so, was med prescribed by your gyn/Onco

I really need someone that has gone through this ordeal to communicate with!

Old 07-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
(female)

Imasurvivor HB User
Re: stage ii grade 3 endo cancer

Dear friend,
I was recently diagnosed with Grade 3 endo cancer. It was not possible to stage prior to surgery. Pathology after the surgery downgraded it to Grade 2; stage 1A. . It still feels odd to have this downgrade, because as you know Grade 3 is more serious. Because initial biopsy was Grade 3, doc harvested 14 lymph nodes. All turned out to be negative. But... I am still on guard, as my inguinal nodes are swelling right now and doc doesn't really understand why. He is not too concerned but may biopsy in 3 weeks if they're still swelling.

All of this is to say, I understand your anxiety. I did not take meds but certainly thought about it. Being in "limbo" was the worst. I waited 37 days from diagnosis to pathology results.

I was lucky in that my family (brother, his wife and kids) and my close friends gave me positive support. But, I don't think meds would be out of line to get thru that period of time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
(female)

Foxrun1943 HB User

Dear Imasurvivor,

Many thanks for your response.......I had a total hysterectomy with removal of 17 lymph nodes done on 7/5/13. My pathology was, like yours, downgraded to Grade 2; Stage 1A or 1B; all nodes were negative as was pelvic washing. Am seeing the doctor on 7/22/13 to go over this report and get answer as to whether it's 1A or 1B.

I too have swelling and tenderness on my left side where these nodes would be......have to find out whether these nodes were removed during surgery or not.
When doctor called with pathology report, he said he would recommend that I see a radiation oncologist.

When was your surgery done and what has your doctor recommended to you as a treatment plan?

Did get some meds for anxiety......only needed them at night, when anxiety level seemed to rise. So sorry to read you had to wait 37 days from diagnosis to pathology results......did they say why so long?

Glad to read you have good support from family and friends.......I have the same situation and am very grateful.

Foxrun

Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #4
(female)

RainbowBridge HB User

Good luck and let us know what happened with your meeting with your doctor!!

Old 07-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #5
(female)

Foxrun1943 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowBridge View Post
Good luck and let us know what happened with your meeting with your doctor!!
Things went well at my post-op visit. Went to see radiation/oncologist also. I am a Stage 1Ab with less than 50% of the myometrium being invaded but have a tumor 2.2 cm tumor and a Grade 2 cancer, this puts me on the borderline for further treatment by radiation.

Radiologist has advised me that he could do vaginal radiation at this time and it might prevent cancer from returning to my vaginal cuff, but it would not improve my survival rate. So he suggests pap smears done at each of my three month visits and if cancer returns, treating it then with general pelvic radiation and vaginal radiation.

Anyone else out there with a situation similar to mine in stage and grade that has received the same advise from a radiation/oncologist.........please let me know.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
(female)

Imasurvivor HB User

My prognosis was very similar, gyn/oncologist said pap and feeling for masses at vaginal cuff are the best preventative steps. good luck to you for continued health. Still have swelling of lymph nodes and feeling a bit run down, but am managing that as anyone would, taking better care of myself, not trying to do it all in one day.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
(female)

Foxrun1943 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imasurvivor View Post
My prognosis was very similar, gyn/oncologist said pap and feeling for masses at vaginal cuff are the best preventative steps. good luck to you for continued health. Still have swelling of lymph nodes and feeling a bit run down, but am managing that as anyone would, taking better care of myself, not trying to do it all in one day.
Thanks for confirmation that your doctor also feels that just doing pap test at vaginal cuff is sufficient........assume, like me, you will need to see doctor every three months?

Because of my age (69) radiologist/oncologist says I am at a higher risk for the cancer to return......didn't realize age would make a difference! Luckily, I'm an otherwise very healthy and fit senior..........lots of exercise and clean diet......guess I'll see if that will help improve my chances!

Sending you my best wishes for a continued good recovery and getting stronger every day!

Old 07-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
(female)

Foxrun1943 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imasurvivor View Post
Thanks for confirmation that your doctor also feels that just doing pap test at vaginal cuff is sufficient........assume, like me, you will need to see doctor every three months?

Because of my age (69) radiologist/oncologist says I am at a higher risk for the cancer to return......didn't realize age would make a difference! Luckily, I'm an otherwise very healthy and fit senior..........lots of exercise and clean diet......guess I'll see if that will help improve my chances!

Sending you my best wishes for a continued good recovery and getting stronger every day!

Old 07-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
(female)

Imasurvivor HB User

Hi, Foxrun, Yes, I see my gyno/onco every 3 months, but, am visiting him again in a month of lymph nodes don't go down. He will probably do biopsy. But he says this is atypical, would not be how CXR reappears. I have been atypical from the start though. Am 53, no red meat for 33 years, pretty healthy overall, fit, athletic, active. However, I have family history of cancer. Both parents died of cancer, breast (mom) ; lung (dad).

The Following User Says Thank You to Imasurvivor For This Useful Post:
Foxrun1943 (07-25-2013)
Old 07-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
(female)

Foxrun1943 HB User

Sounds like you are doing all the right things from a healthy life style standpoint......think this is big factor in keeping immune system in best shape and fighting off reoccurrence. Good luck and hoping your lymph node swelling turns out, as it probably will, to be nothing to worry about.

Reply Reply