It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Uterine Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
(female)

babyboomer6 HB User
Prolapsed uterus spotting

Hi,
I am 61 yrs. old and have had a prolapsed uterus for two yrs. now. I had to put off getting anything done with it because of serious back problems that turned into four huge surgeries(saggital imbalance) I was bent over at a 45 degree angle for two yrs. anyway, all this time my uterus kept getting worse and now I am in recovery from my fourth back surgery and I noticed blood in my underware. I think it's coming from the uterus, that is now protruding almost all the way out. I have to push it back inside . I so have an appt. with a urogynocologist Oct.14th. But until then just wondering if anyone had any insight on this. Ofcourse I am through menopause. I havn't seen any blood for about a week now. But I have a bad discharge(yellowish color). That's been going on for around three weeks, I have had several UTI's in the past six mo. I just know that my cousin had uterus cancer and her first symtoms was one little drop of blood. So I am a little scared about the blood. (Or spotting). Please help me if anyone can. Or just give me your opinion on this . Thanks ahead of time.
Warmly babyboomer6(Linda)

The following user gives a hug of support to babyboomer6:
KibblesnBits (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

KibblesnBits HB User
Re: Prolapsed uterus spotting

Don't panic...stress stifles your recovery from surgery. Can you speak with your gyno's nurse about these symptoms? Perhaps she could get you into the office sooner, if you feel it's an emergency situation. It's worth a try, for your peace of mind. I am so sorry for your suffering, and hope that you soon find not only answers, but most of all relief

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

Hi Linda,
I'm sorry for your suffering. Hopefully, the bleeding will prove to be nothing serious. Since you have a prolapsed uterus, your bladder and urethra may also be prolapsed which may be the cause of the bleeding as well as the UTI's. Typically though bleeding after menopause is investigated with an ultrasound of the uterine lining and/or an endometrial biopsy. I read though that more often than not bleeding after menopause is nothing serious. So hopefully, that's true for you. Let us know what you find out.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
(female)

babyboomer6 HB User

Thanks so much for the responses! I feel so alone in this,as it's not something that I talk about a lot. Just suffer in silence~~if ya know what I mean. I will try not to worry too much ,as like you said Kibbles, stress stifles healing. And my back needs lots of healing. They fused me from my neck down to my pelvic bones. I was bent over at a 45degree angle for three yrs.. My ribs sat on top of my pelvic bones. Awful painful. Often wondered if it didn't help contribute to my uterus problem. As the pressure was tremendous. Thanks again! I will keep you posted. Warmly, boomer(Linda)

Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User

I've had a bit of the rib cage on hip bones pain since my hysterectomy - not fun. Thankfully though I haven't been bent over. .

Didn't think to mention this before - Since you were diagnosed with prolapse a couple of years ago, was a pessary ever suggested? That would suspend your uterus and bladder, no surgery needed. If it's fitted properly, you shouldn't even feel it. This option doesn't seem to be offered much though, probably because urogynecology and gynecology are surgical specialties.

Reply Reply