It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2003, 07:15 PM   #1

Cymidei Fier HB User
Question Are malignant cancer lumps hard or soft????

I have three lumps on in my body one is on the left side of my stomach under the skin and feels like a rubber ball and i have another on my right arm under my skin that feels like a rubber ball also and also one in my leg as well.

I went to the doctor he only said oh these are cyst with doing no test. And i tell him for the last 3 years i have had these lumps under my skin they don't grow or don't get bigger. But for the last 6 months i have been getting major chest pains and stomach and back pain.

So can someone tell me what malignant cancer lumps feel like.

Old 11-25-2003, 08:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Re: Are malignant cancer lumps hard or soft????

Hi,
Cancerous lumps are usually very hard and fixed(not movable). I would get another opinion to put your mind at ease.
hilery

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2003, 09:13 PM   #3
Inactive

projapoti HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilery79
Hi,
Cancerous lumps are usually very hard and fixed(not movable). I would get another opinion to put your mind at ease.
hilery
I agree....if the bumps are growing, they might just be sebaceous cysts which need to be removed with surgery. Cancerous lumps are hard like stone.

It's important to evaluate your risk factors for cancer. How old are you? Is there a history of cancer in the family? Have you ever had cancer before? Do you smoke? etc. etc. etc.

Old 11-26-2003, 01:38 AM   #4

Cymidei Fier HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by projapoti
I agree....if the bumps are growing, they might just be sebaceous cysts which need to be removed with surgery. Cancerous lumps are hard like stone.

It's important to evaluate your risk factors for cancer. How old are you? Is there a history of cancer in the family? Have you ever had cancer before? Do you smoke? etc. etc. etc.

I am 23 years old no history of cancer in the family..

I just wish i knew why i was always feeling like crap all the time.

Don't smoke

Last edited by Cymidei Fier; 11-26-2003 at 01:39 AM.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:37 AM   #5
Inactive

projapoti HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymidei Fier
I am 23 years old no history of cancer in the family..

I just wish i knew why i was always feeling like crap all the time.

Don't smoke
What do you mean by feeling like crap? Just the feeling of "malaise", if you will, or are you nauseous, in pain, tired etc. etc.

Have you lost any weight in the past 2 months? Any sweating at nighttime?

Old 11-26-2003, 02:10 PM   #6

Cymidei Fier HB User

Quote:
What do you mean by feeling like crap? Just the feeling of "malaise", if you will, or are you nauseous, in pain, tired etc. etc.

Have you lost any weight in the past 2 months? Any sweating at nighttime?

What i mean by feeling like crap is chest pains 24 hours a day all day and night i do get night sweats sometimes but its not every night. Also when i go outside for periods of times i get really sick like i am extremly tired and i sweat alot outside more then i used to also when i do alot of things outside for a short time i start coughing real bad.. Also i have bad stomach pains all day long also where the so called cyst is

Old 11-26-2003, 02:34 PM   #7
Inactive

projapoti HB User

Quote:
What i mean by feeling like crap is chest pains 24 hours a day all day and night i do get night sweats sometimes but its not every night. Also when i go outside for periods of times i get really sick like i am extremly tired and i sweat alot outside more then i used to also when i do alot of things outside for a short time i start coughing real bad.. Also i have bad stomach pains all day long also where the so called cyst is
....k...and by night sweats what do you mean? Just a little bit, or sweat to the point where you're drenched and have to change your clothes?

Old 11-26-2003, 02:51 PM   #8

Cymidei Fier HB User

Quote:
....k...and by night sweats what do you mean? Just a little bit, or sweat to the point where you're drenched and have to change your clothes?

Not really to the point wwhere i have to change my clothes but sometimes it will but only a few times in the last three weeks.

Also i if i do any outside stuff i get major headaches but as soon as i stop doing outside stuff the headache goes away. Maybe i am not used to the sun?

Also where the so called cyst are i get major pain all day and also having major back pain that never goes away.

I am just afaird that i may have cancer but the doc says they are not hard enough to be cancer.. But yet i don't understand why i feel sick all the time i have not felt like myself in 3 years and it really sucks also i always feel sick to my stomach

Last edited by Cymidei Fier; 11-27-2003 at 03:01 PM.

Old 11-28-2003, 07:52 AM   #9

NEILRWALKER HB User

Quote:
Not really to the point wwhere i have to change my clothes but sometimes it will but only a few times in the last three weeks.

Also i if i do any outside stuff i get major headaches but as soon as i stop doing outside stuff the headache goes away. Maybe i am not used to the sun?

Also where the so called cyst are i get major pain all day and also having major back pain that never goes away.

I am just afaird that i may have cancer but the doc says they are not hard enough to be cancer.. But yet i don't understand why i feel sick all the time i have not felt like myself in 3 years and it really sucks also i always feel sick to my stomach

Could you have stress and anxiety caused by you worrying that you have something serious, i dont have any lumps but generally feel unwell all the time, my main problem is being tired all the time, my doctor has told me i have a panic disorder, and the constant feeling bad has now caused depression!! only a thought!!

Closed Thread