It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2004, 12:13 AM   #1

youremyhero HB User
bump in my leg

recently i noticed this bump just to the left of my shin on my left leg... it only appears when i bend my leg and i can like push it and it's squishy... it's not very big, but enough to notice. i was wondering if anyone thought that maybe this could be cancer or if i'm just being paranoid. if you think it might be, what should i do? i asked my normal doctor (still a pediatrician even though i'm 16) and she said that she didn't know what it was. any thoughts? this is starting to bug me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2004, 01:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User
Re: bump in my leg

If you are that worried about it, go to a doctor (if your doctor says they don't know what it is, go to someone that MIGHT know what it is at least!!). Ask the doctor to explain to you what the signs and symptoms of having a cancerous lump are, this will help in future situations. It never hurts to get it checked out!

blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2004, 04:45 PM   #3
(female)

dyana HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by youremyhero
recently i noticed this bump just to the left of my shin on my left leg... it only appears when i bend my leg and i can like push it and it's squishy... it's not very big, but enough to notice. i was wondering if anyone thought that maybe this could be cancer or if i'm just being paranoid. if you think it might be, what should i do? i asked my normal doctor (still a pediatrician even though i'm 16) and she said that she didn't know what it was. any thoughts? this is starting to bug me
mt daughter also noticed a lump in her leg which we thought maybe was a spider bite. turned out to be a liposarcoma. cancerous tumor. i would ask your dr. about a rhabdomysarcoma or tumor. it won't hurt to ask.
dyana

Old 04-10-2004, 08:14 AM   #4

JenBrooke123 HB User

It also could be a begine tumore called a lipoma, a fatty tumor. I have tons, and tons of them.

Old 04-10-2004, 09:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by youremyhero
When I was 15 I noticed a bump on my leg when I squated. It was about halfway between knee and ankle on side. If I put my finger on it and pressed it felt like the tip of my finger was going into a depression in bone. It litterly freaked me out I thought I had bone cancer and was going to die. I was still alive three years later and decided to tell my dad about it. He took me to a doc who told me it was a vericose vein. If your doc does not know what it is maybe you should see one that is a little brighter. I am 35 and it is still there.

Derek

Old 04-13-2004, 04:18 AM   #6

MatD HB User

I just found the exact same bump to the left on my shin on my left leg. I'm going to make an app. to see a doctor and I'll post my results.

Old 05-13-2004, 10:11 PM   #7
(female)

angelsalive HB User
Question Re: bump in my leg

HI Mate
It may just be a harmless cyst or an injury from muscle damage if you play a lot of sport. Get it checked. If your gut is not happy with the answers get 2 or 3 checks

Old 05-24-2004, 11:48 PM   #8

Elise57 HB User

My grown daughter had a lump near her shin bone years ago. The doctor said it was a side effect of birth control pills. She went off the pills and was fine. Good Luck!

Old 07-16-2004, 12:38 AM   #9

youremyhero HB User

Thank you all for the advice. I did get it checked out and the doctor said it had no signs of a "bad lump", as he put it. I'll be going back in several months to make sure it hasn't changed, but it's been a few months and it hasn't so I doubt it will. A few things he said it might be are a defect in my fascia muscle, scar tissue from when i broke my ankle as a kid, and two other things which didn't seem as plausible to me. But either way, it's not anything to worry about probably he says. Again, thank you all.

Closed Thread