It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2004, 01:35 PM   #1

paulio HB User
Lyceum Barbarum - evidence of it's cancer curing properties

I came accross the information in the pubmed database, also nutritionist Dr Earl Mindel preaches the wonders of Lycium Barbarum (Himalayan Goji Berry)
which recently became available online here - [url]http://22m.freelife.com[/url]

here are the results from one experiment

[Observation of the effects of LAK/IL-2 therapy combining with Lycium barbarum polysaccharides in the treatment of 75 cancer patients]

[Article in Chinese]

Cao GW, Yang WG, Du P.

Second Military Medical University, Department of Microbiology, Shanghai.

Seventy nine advanced cancer patients in a clinical trial were treated with LAK/IL-2 combining with Lycium Barbarum polysaccharides (LBP). Initial results of the treatment from 75 evaluable patients indicated that objective regression of cancer was achieved in patients with malignant melanoma, renal cell carcinoma, colorectal carcinoma, lung cancer, nasopharyngeal carcinoma, malignant hydrothorax. The response rate of patients treated with LAK/IL-2 plus LBP was 40.9% while that of patients treated with LAK/IL-2 was 16.1% (P < 0.05). The mean remission in patients treated with LAK/IL-2 plus LBP also lasted significantly longer. LAK/IL-2 plus LBP treatment led to more marked increase in NK and LAK cell activity than LAK/IL-2 without LBP. The results indicate that LBP can be used as an adjuvant in the biotherapy of cancer.

I also discovered very recently that Dr Mindell has been involved in the development of the first standardized Goji Juice drink, I'll include a link below.

Has anyone here tryed this nutritional approach yet. I believe it's not widely publicised due to FTC regualtions as possibly also the obvious pharmacutical hidden agenda.

I definately recommend checking google for these keywords "Lycium Barbarum" "Goji Berry"

Anyone else heard of this?

Paul

Last edited by paulio; 07-03-2004 at 01:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
(female)

Locket25 HB User
Re: Lyceum Barbarum - evidence of it's cancer curing properties

G'day Paulio!
I have only just read your post albeit three years later Just wondering if you had any good results from taking Goji Berry juice? My husband and I have used 4 x 1 litre bottles for no results we can see yet, so wondering if it is worth all the expense? and whether to keep buying it?
Thanks.
Phyl.

Closed Thread