It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 01:22 PM   #1

Mommyof1Austin HB User
Unhappy Strange lumps on shin bone......

I have recently noticed a strange pain in my lower leg within the last month.
Shortly thereafter I noticed a small bump with a bruisish look to it on my shin bone and it hurt. I figured I must have knocked my leg on something. Well, now after about 3 weeks that bump has gotten bigger and another one on the same bone just up a little farther has begun to grow and has a bruisish look to it. I'm starting to get worried but I don't want to go to the Dr. unless I have to because I don't have insurance because I can't currently afford it. Can someone maybe please tell me what they think it is? I have a sinking feeling after some research it might be a type of cancer but I am hoping not.
Thanks for the help,
Sarah
Austin's mom

Old 09-20-2004, 11:25 PM   #2

skf33 HB User
Re: Strange lumps on shin bone......

you know i have the same thing on my right leg mid calf near the bone...
i've had it for years and never had it checked out, most people say its like a sebaceous cyst. Sometimes it hurts, but, has never grown...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2004, 07:58 PM   #3

Mommyof1Austin HB User

thanks for the reply unfortunately for me I see they are growing. I thought they were going away now all of a sudden they are bigger. sigh........it's depressing but I'm also scared of finding out what could be wrong.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:40 PM   #4
(male)

stiletto23 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof1Austin
thanks for the reply unfortunately for me I see they are growing. I thought they were going away now all of a sudden they are bigger. sigh........it's depressing but I'm also scared of finding out what could be wrong.

Find out what is wrong instead of worrying yourself over it.. Let us know.

Old 11-16-2004, 07:51 AM   #5
(male)

J.D. HB User

I would not worry at all. It sounds like shin splints!!!! My wife went throught the same worries and shin splints can last a long time and leave a small lump on the bone. Dont worry!

The Following User Says Thank You to J.D. For This Useful Post:
jwthimmes (09-19-2012)
Old 11-16-2004, 08:49 AM   #6
(female)

scpck HB User

Don't ignore it. You will be absolutely relieved to find out what this is as opposed to worry and anxiety over it. See a doctor.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:03 AM   #7

MySonChris HB User

Please, have it checked! Any lump/bump should be looked at by a Doctor to rule out any possible problem and sooner is better! My son had a lump that he did not mention to us until it became painful and at that point it was stage 4 rhabdomyosarcoma. Found sooner, he would have had a much better chance of survival...now they give him 10%. I do not want to frighten anyone but finding out is better than being worried and if it is something, treating it as soon as possible is key! Chances are it is nothing but I am not a Dr. and seeing one would be your best bet.

Closed Thread