It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2004, 02:35 PM   #1
(male)

Darksage34 HB User
Question Hair Growth After Radiation

Does anyone here know of any Vitamins or treatments that can help with Hair regrowth after Radiation? My wife was treated with Radiation about 3 years ago for a Brain Tumor. Her hair has come back in, but it's still real thin on the top & overall it's very dry. She's tried alot of stuff to hopefully nourish her scalp, but it's a slow process. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks, Sage

Old 01-13-2005, 05:00 PM   #2
eddiesbaby

Re: Hair Growth After Radiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksage34
Does anyone here know of any Vitamins or treatments that can help with Hair regrowth after Radiation? My wife was treated with Radiation about 3 years ago for a Brain Tumor. Her hair has come back in, but it's still real thin on the top & overall it's very dry. She's tried alot of stuff to hopefully nourish her scalp, but it's a slow process. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks, Sage

My mother had breast cancer and her hair was thick, but she lost it with the chemo, and it is very very thin now on top also. I wish I could find out how to help her. It doesn't look bad and of course, thin hair is much better than cancer, but still, it would be nice to also see some ideas here.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 05:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User

Hi--

My cousins wife had cancer and lost all of her hair after her treatments, and the doctor told her she would never grow her hair back. However, she went to an acupunturist and he gave her this cream to rub on her head and she now has a full hair of head again. You may want to try going to an acupuncturist.
Good luck and God bless.

Old 02-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #4

syndyhall HB User

I was wondering this becauseI was being treated for a brain tumor, radiation ended January and I look completley rediculous. I keep my whole head shaved because it is better than looking like I have strange patches. But honestly I feel like I'd be fine as long as I am OK.

Closed Thread