It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2001, 05:54 AM   #1

fatfree HB User
Post At My Exam I Was Told - Rough Surface on the Cervix

I just had a Pap Exam on Wednesday. While my doctor was down there he told me he saw a rough surfaced area on the bottom of my cervix. Well after the exam I asked him what he thought it was. He said it could be cancer of the cervix or a virus.

Have any of you ever had a doctor say right off that they saw the area as a rough surface. Today is Thursday and I am worried.

I figure if he can say that from just seeing it in front of him, I can imagine what the microscope will see.

HElp!! Need some advice. Soon....

fatree

Old 08-16-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

brummumtwo5 HB User
Re: At My Exam I Was Told - Rough Surface on the Cervix

hi there, I had my smear yesterday and was told that my cervix is rough. I have been offered no information at all, and told not to worry. They said I have got to have another smear in 6 weeks. So now I am totally lost, and dont know if I should worry or not
brummumtwo5

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ktee_uk HB User

hi

When i was in my 20s, my doc said i had cervical erosion and continued until i had it removed earlier this yes ( although this was not the reason i got it removed). its a benign condition and surface of the cervix appears differently. Dont know if its anything like what you have but might be worth investigating. If its causing any adverse symptoms i think they can treat it.

regards
ktee

Old 10-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #4
(female)

pams37 HB User

Hello last week-end I went for my pap test.She looked at me and said she is having a hard time finding my cervix.She said some-thing is blocking the cervix.Then she told me it's Fibroids.But that's really all I have been told.This Wed is when I finally am going for a Pelvic ultrasound and hopefully by the week-end she will let me know what's going on.By the way,ok in May/05 I weighed 170 pounds.Then by Aug/05 I went down to 150 pounds.But yet my stomach is bloated and major major gas pains.Bad menstrual cramps(where I can not walk or move)I am usually in slow motion when my monthly friend comes.Ohhh one more thing.My stomach now loooks like I am 4 months pregnant.Stretch marks tooo.So every-one I talk tooo ask me that maybe I am pregnant.I say yeah righttt.I had 2 beautiful children.(C-sections too)I know there is definately nooo baby inside me.But the fibroid is in the out-side of my uterous.It is always hitting my ribs and my blatter and bowels.I'm constipated alll the time.You know what reallly freaks me out.I can actuallly feeel the fibroids moving in my stomach(especiallly if I put my hand on my stomach lightly)I feeel it moving.I'm just reallly really nervous.I have beeen complaining about my stomach alll summmer.The doctors kept telling me nothing is wrong.Or I would go for different ultrasounds.Of course it would say my organs are perfect.But I knew some-thing was not right.I would also get fevers,chills back pains and pains alll over my stomach.So finally she did a pap test and saw some-thing was actuallly there.Ok every-one take care.I willl definately keeep you alll updated.Pamela

Closed Thread