It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2002, 08:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Post Message to iluvmypups

It's been over a week since we heard from you, and I just wanted to check in and see how your Mom's doing. I've been thinking about you, and hoping she continues to improve.

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2002, 10:50 PM   #2

iluvmypups HB User
Thanks Ruth, She really isnt doing so well. She has lost more weight is now down to 120, She use to be 190! She is nw skin nd bones. She may be giving up , Im not sure. The doctor said we can't do chemo now because she is so weak and it wouldnt do her any favors . She needs to put on about 10 more pounds to restart it. He also said she may have a tumor in her brain that is causing her to feel full all the time with absolutely no appetite. He said we really cant even treat that because of how weak she is , it would be taking days from her instead of helping increase her quality of life.I truely wish I had some better news to tell. I feel hopeless , Please just keep us in your prayers , thanks again , Ill check back with you when I can , Love, Amy

------------------
May GOD Bless you and keep you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2002, 06:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Amy -
I'm sorry to hear that your Mom is doing so badly. Have they done a brain scan to see if there is, indeed, a tumor there? If so, can't they do radiation? If the tumor isn't large, but is causing this inability to eat, then treating it would seem to be of prime concern, so that she can start on the chemo again.

Is the cancer more advanced than it was first thought to be?

I wish there were some magic words I could say to you to help, but having been through this with my own mother, all I can tell you is that it's rough. Just be there for her as much as you possibly can, and know that you're both in my thoughts and prayers.

Ruth

Closed Thread