It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2002, 11:30 PM   #1

i8mypaste HB User
Question hmmm???

So, i just want advice or just something...i'd like to be cautious...sometimes i'm too much. But two weeks ago in a softball game, i ran into the first basemen and had my arms up to protect myself and i slightly bumped her with my left arm. It really hurt, more than what it should, i think. It didn't bruise, but i noticed a lump in my arm..and it puffed awy out. It's gone down some, but still, it's like a marble in my arm, and kinda hurts when pressure is put on it. That was two weeks, ago, i think by now it should have been gone if it was a bruise or something. My mom says if it doesn't go away in a couple weeks, to get it looked over. i'm just kinda worried since i've had three people i loved that died of cancer within the last three years. Am i being paranoid? i hope i am.
thanks,
--paste

Old 06-20-2002, 07:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
One possibility is that you burst a blood vessel deep in your muscle, the blood pooled and has since congealed. This is a type of deep muscle bruise.

The major difficulty with this type of bruise is that it takes a very long time for it to dissipate, if ever. It's usually better to treat a deep muscle bruise sooner rather than later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2002, 11:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
I don't have anything to add to Jay Tor's advice, but I have to ask this question: Does your user name refer to library paste?

Old 06-20-2002, 01:12 PM   #4

i8mypaste HB User
oh, my name refers to elmers paste...the thick stuff that had a little twist off cap with a plastic stick built into that. I use to eat that in kindergarten...i preferred that to rubber cement which had more of a bitter taste. I hope that answers your question.
Oh, and thanks Jay for the muscle thing, that makes since.
--paste

Old 06-20-2002, 06:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Hi paste -
The reason I asked is that my cousin and I have laughed for years about eating what used to be called "library paste" in school. It probably was similar to Elmers. Our parents thought we were nuts! I don't think you can get libary paste anymore, but it used to come in these big, wide-mouthed jars, and the teachers would use a popsicle stick to scoop some out and put it on a square of construction paper. You were then supposed to use it for whatever creative undertaking was going on that day...but we always ate ours! I've never tasted Elmer's, but library paste was yummy.

Okay...they're coming to take me away, now.

LOL!

Closed Thread