It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2002, 11:15 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Just-A-Boy HB User
Unhappy I am 16, and I might have brain cancer...

More than a year ago I was diagnosed with GAD ( Generalized Anxiety Disorder ) and I was put on Zoloft, and while I was on Zoloft it helped me alot, and I developed runny nose. When I got off Zoloft, my runny nose went away, and I developed stuffy nose, that didn't go away. Since Zoloft was stoped suddenly, I sure did have withdrawal side effects, like stutering when talking, confusion, feeling like I am about to colapse, tremors, and bad memory problems. This symptoms lasted for 6 weeks, and it went away, and now I am off Zoloft for about 3 months, and I developed new symptoms.

The Symptoms are trouble talking, tingly feeling all over my body, so confused about stuff, and the enviroment around me, my left side going little bit weird, and having bad pains on my left arm, leg, and face... My vision kind of got bad, and I have trouble hearing people, and my stuffy nose hasnt gotten any better, and I been having stomach pains, and when I have the pain I throw my self up, and my heart beats fast every time I eat. Ones I woke up at night, shaking so bad, and my heart was just pounding... and no I didnt have a night mare.

I told my doctor this symptoms, and she thought it might be brain cancer, and that she said than it might not be cancer. I asked her if I could get a cat scan she said NO. She didnt like the way my heart was beating so fast, and she thought it was anxiety. So I gaved blood test, and I got them the next day... The tests were on Calcium, Magnesium, and T3 ( Thyroid Chemical ) Calcium in my blood was 10.3 when it normally is 10.2, Magnesium was normal, and T3 was little bit high. Also for the stuffy nose I was prescribed Flonase..

I am going to see my doctor this up comming Tuesday, and I dont know what she is going to say... but I want to see a neurologist so bad. I dunno, why these symptoms are happening to me, because I am not anxious that bad, and I dont have anxiety... but this symptoms are weird, and scary, and when she said brain cancer, everything just seemed so different to me. Life could so cruel, and unfair. I never smoked cigaretts, never drinked alcohol, never used drugs, and this stuff have to happen to me. I been always healthy, and watched what I ate, and how much protein I would get and I would always take multivitamins, and I was Just A Boy who was positive about my health...

So has anyone ever had a brain cancer, had any of this symptoms, and how was the treatment...??? Also I want to thank you, for your time, and good luck in life...

[This message has been edited by Just-A-Boy (edited 06-22-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2002, 07:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
You might want to ask your doctor whether you are having side affects from that drug Zoloft. I just did a web search and found a lot of articles about many side affects. You might want to read them, and see if it compares to your symptoms.

Closed Thread