It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2002, 12:14 AM   #1

NICKI602 HB User
Post 16 AND NEED HELP PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

HELLO PEOPLE WELL AS I SAID I AM 16 YEARS OLD N I AM REALLY SCARED. SEE I HAD A HEALTHY BABY BOY ON APRIL 22, 2002. AND I WENT FOR MY 6 WEEK CHECK UP ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO. AND THEY DID A PAP SMER AND TODAY THE LADY THAT DID IT CALLED ME AND SAID MY RESULTS CAME BACK ABNORMAL.AND THAT THEY FOUND PER CANCER LIKE CELLS.I FORGOT THEY NAME BUT I THINK SAID IT MIGHT BE MILD DYSPLASA IM NOT SURE CUS SHE FREAKED MY IM ONLY 16 N REALLY DIDNT UNDERSTAN. NOW I NEED TO GO TO MY OB/GYN AND THEY ARE GOING TO DO A BIOPSY. I AM REALLY SCARED AND I NEED HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO IF YOU CAN PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF U EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING I WILL APPRECIATE ANYTHING.

Old 06-20-2002, 01:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
Try not to get too upset, pre cancer is just that. PRE ie. before. They must have caught it in time to call it (pre-cancer) Write down all the questions that you want to have answered and give them to the nurse prior to the exam. The doc. will read them and discuss with you all your concerns. Sorry to hear you are going though so much, and with a new baby too. That's pretty tough. Take care and try to relax if you can. Get plenty of water and rest for the stress. Remember that this sounds like what ever it is has been found in time. Diana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2002, 08:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
hi, dont worry to much the changes could just be due to your pregnancy and given birth, they will tell you more when you have your appointment. l had changes after pregnancy and had to be examined etc and l was fine. l hope other young girls will read your post and see how important it is to have regular pap/smear tests once they become sexually active, take care and good luck, my fingers are crossed for you

Old 06-20-2002, 11:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Many women have abnormal pap smears on occasion. The doctor then does what's called a "cone biopsy"...this can turn up totally negative, pre-cancerous, or cancerous. Two things to keep in mind: As someone said in an earlier reply, it's really likely that the recent birth caused some changes which, when tested, will prove to be absolutely nothing. Second, while no one wants to have cancer, cervical cancer is one of the most easily cured types. Oh, there's a third!: your age! It's highly unlikely you have cervical cancer at 16.

So, once you get the results, post back and let us know...we'll all be praying for you and thinking good thoughts.

Old 06-28-2002, 03:45 PM   #5

iluvmypups HB User
Hi there, What you are going through is a very scary thing. I have had abnormal results in the past and have had a surgery to remove the precancerous lesions from my cervix. First you ought to learn about the different parts of the female anatomy if you are not totally familiar (knowledge is power). And it will help you understand better. But The lesions or pre cancer spots on the cervix are often caused by hpv human papiloma virus that is transmitted sexually. Most of the time you will never know that the guy has it.It is also the same virus that causes genital worts, but you dont necessarily have to brake out , I never did. I also know that if you have any other type of STD your chances increase for cancer of the cervix/genital area (also an increase for pelvic inflammatory disease). The most improtant thing you ever will do is to get pap smears at least every 6 months , AFTER this is straightened out. I am praying for you . If you want to email me personally feel free. my email is [removed]

------------------
May GOD Bless you and keep you.

[Board Guidelines - Members may not offer personal contact information -
Please do not post your email address. mod2]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 06-29-2002).]

Old 06-29-2002, 04:22 PM   #6

NICKI602 HB User
well thank all of you that responded. on july 10 thats a wednsday i go back to the doctor for another pap smear. and they or gonna get some tissue so i dont know anything yet but when i go i will let you know if you want you can e mail me at
[removed]

[Board Guidelines - Members may not offer personal contact information -
Please do not post your email address. mod2]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 06-29-2002).]

Closed Thread