It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2002, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

Fanatic HB User
Post treatment?

My dad has just been diagnosed with throat cancer, is there treatment for this? I don't want to ask him all the details, I don't want to upset him. I'm only 16 and my dad means the whole world to me, I don't have anyone else. Please, please if you know of any treatment do tell me, I'm scared to death, so God knows how he feels.

------------------
-Human dreams...such fertile ground for the seeds of torment-

**Fanatic**

Old 07-11-2002, 06:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Yes, there are treatments for throat cancer.

The treatment will be dependent on exactly what part of his throat is affected, how advanced it is, etc. There is surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation treatment.

Many people have had throat cancer and completely recovered.

You didn't mention your Mom...you may want to ask her these questions, or you may even want to ask your Dad to let you know what's planned, etc. It all depends on how you react...are you better off knowing everything? Or are you the kind of person who doesn't want to know every detail?

I would advise letting your folks know what you're comfortable with. Yes, this is very, very scary, but a positive attitude can make a world of difference...not just for the cancer patient, but for the family, too. If it gets too much for you to handle, and you can't talk to your folks, ask them if you can get some counseling, so at least you'll have someone to talk to about your fears.

And, of course, you can always talk to us!

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2002, 05:13 AM   #3
(female)

Fanatic HB User
Thankyou soooooooooo much. You have really put my mind at rest, I'll try to stay positive and I will talk to my dad. Thanks again and take care.

------------------
-Human dreams...such fertile ground for the seeds of torment-

**Fanatic**

Closed Thread