It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2002, 11:35 AM   #1
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Unhappy isnt there anything they can do to cure cancer??

well is there? im sooo angry and upset a very close family friend has cancer it started from his rectum and now its all over his body, theres nothing the doctors can do to save or cure him im sooo angry! WHY? WHY? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gifhe'll be lucky if he lives until christmas ....who invented such a deadly disease? its pure evil im soo angry! im willing to pay someone if they can cure anyone of cancer.....AHH please reply

Old 07-30-2002, 12:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
It's understandable that you are angry. A lot of us are very unhappy that our loved ones are getting or have gotten this horrible disease.

Unfortunately, not enough is said by the medical community (in my opinion) that cancer is highly preventable. With a healthy diet, exercise, not smoking, or drinking alcohol in excess, cancer can be reduced by much more than half. In the United States alone, that's more than 250,000 people a year that could be saved. Can we do better and let more people know about it? I think we can.

There are some cures of the various forms of cancer, but one of the largest areas that I believe needs to be addressed, is prevention. Too many people are not only dying, but the treatment methods can be very painful in a number of ways.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2002, 05:27 PM   #3

telly31 HB User
They will never come out with a "cure" for cancer. It is a billion dollar a year business. Think of the pharmacutical companies who would go under if there was a cure, think of the doctors and nurses and multi-million dollar cancer centers that would go under if the cure was released. Check out the figures the American Cancer Society rakes in...$400 million a year and over $60 million goes to salaries the largest being the chairman. My mom has cancer and one bag of Taxol (chemo) is $4000.00!!! That is rediculous but what choice do we have right? After gone through this whole process that I have gone through with my mom, I will never go to a doctor to see if I have cancer. I am currently studying to become an herbologist and have found far more success with herbs and other natural products that I would much rather treat myself then let the life sucking vultures we know as doctors get their dirty greedy hands on me. They won't ever cure cancer but now they have ways of prolonging your life so they can suck more money out of you before they kill you. Cancer is horrible but it can be prevented. Go online and read what is in your drinking water, read what microwaving your food does, read what additives and chemicals are put into your food, read what is done to the meat that you consume. People wonder why there has been such a rise in cancer, if you go online and research this stuff you will see and maybe you can take steps to prevent cancer from taking hold of you or your family.

Old 07-30-2002, 07:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
If there is nothing more that the doctors can do to save him, then there is one more thing to research. Some people have gotten well, by finding "the perfect set of conditions", so that the body can cure itself. As I have written previously, this is in the "unproven" area of treatment.

I know if I was told that the doctors could not do anything for me (if I had terminal cancer), I would look really hard at nutrition and herbs etc. Some people have claimed to have gotten well. Other people claim this is "false hope". I can't say for sure, as each case is different. All I can say is that it is really worth researching especially if it is our life.

The more that you look at the latest clinical trials, alternate medicine, herbal therapy, and nutrition to heal cancer, I think you'll find some amazing things. Often some doctors may say that this person can't be saved from a certain form of cancer, such as the person that you mention. But what really is the fact, is that they with their information do not know how to cure that person. But there is a cure. It's just outside their knowledge (or hasn't been discovered). You need to find that knowledge. Don't just rely on their opinion. There are many other doctors and treatments worldwide.

Turn that anger around and use it to keep looking. That's my main point - not false hope - that you keep searching.

For example, I personally know a woman in her 80's that is still around with us (the last time I checked) fighting cancer with her herbs. She has had this cancer for about 10 years. She would have some chemo and then get too sick, and then go back to her herbs. She has gone back and forth this way for a long time.

Old 07-30-2002, 09:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
One of the most difficult things about cancer, and part of the reason that a cure has not yet been found, is that cancer is not just one illness. There are literally hundreds of different cancers, and each one is unique in itself. To ask for "a cure", is like asking for a cure for the common cold, which can be caused by any one of hundreds of different viruses.

Yet, despite this, the medical community has made wonderful strides in recent years. The development of taxol has improved the survival rate/quality of life for many with breast and other cancers. There are many new and effective chemotherapies on the market. There are also other drugs, such as angiotensin inhibitors, that prevent tumors from getting a blood supply so that they cannot grow. There is interfon and interleukin, both of which work on the immune system to help if fight the cancer cells. There are a wide variety of anti-nausea medications that eliminate or minimize the side effects of chemotherapy.

Anger is a normal response when someone you love is sick. One of the ways that can help you deal with the anger is to take some kind of control over the situation. You can't heal the person yourself, but you can make sure they have your support in whatever way they need. You can research their particular type of cancer and find out all you can about possible treatments, possible side effects, ways to minimize the side effects, etc. Knowledge is a powerful tool indeed! In other words, make the anger work FOR you instead of AGAINST you. (I know, this is easier said than done!)

And of course, talking about your anger does help to work through it.

Ruth

Old 07-31-2002, 06:13 AM   #6
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Arrow

thanks you for your replies. Im very greatful i feel abit better today. So, im definetly going to do more research into cancer

Old 08-20-2002, 02:58 PM   #7
Inactive

shygirl17 HB User
I'm really sorry to hear that, its so horrible. I wish cancer didn't exsist. I'm afraid I have cancer now and I'm terrifed because I know i'm not brave enough to handle it. I'm sure God is with you and your family.

Closed Thread