It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2002, 07:17 PM   #1

SNTuttle HB User
Unhappy Getting home to Mom

Hello everyone, my name is Jamie and I am in the Navy. I am Currently stationed Monterey, CA where I am learning Arabic. This past June my mother was told she had a brain Tumor, they gave her less then 9 months. I have seen her twice since then both over 3 day weekends. She lives in Ohio with my step-dad and their son. My father died of cancer when I was 11. I am only 19 now, and I am not dealing very well. I am trying to find a way to go home for awhile to be with her, but I am having problems with my command. Because I am student, and I have only been serving for 8 months I don't know all the regs. If anyone out there can help please let me know. I need to be with my mom. I didn't get to see my dad before he died, he and my mom were both remarried by that point and I had not see him for years. I want to be able to spend time with my mother. If anyone can help please let me know.
SN Tuttle, USN
Tuttle3106@pacific.cnet.navy.mil

Old 09-16-2002, 09:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
Ask about 'compassionate leave'. Not sure what is required in terms of documentation/ proof of the severity of your mother's illness.

Speak with your Chaplain. Chaplains have considerable experience with such situations and may know the bureaucratic channels/options available to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread