It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2002, 01:16 PM   #1
(female)

Fanatic HB User
Unhappy He's getting worse

Evening everyone. My dad's gone into hospital again. I really don't think he's going to come out this time. I hate it in this big house on my own. All I can think about is my dad on his own in hospital in such discomfort. That's it really, I just wanted to...well, moan to someone really. My friends, although trying to help, just make me feel worse. They keep saying 'oh, he'll be alright.' I keep trying to explain that this is not like having the flu, he won't just get better. I think the only half way good thing about this whole situation is that my dad isn't worried. He says death is over rated and nothing to be scared of because he won't have to suffer anymore. He actually seems to feel as sorry for me as I do for him. The only thing he seems to be worried about is how I'll cope, which, to be honest, is worrying me too. I'm on my own.

------------------
-Human dreams...such fertile ground for the seeds of torment-

**Fanatic**

**Fanatic**

Old 09-18-2002, 01:18 PM   #2

darwin27 HB User
Just be strong... If the worst does in fact happen just remember what he said, that he won't be in pain anymore... It's also okay to mourn and remember the happy times you had together.

Once you have gotten through the shock that can last a few weeks, you should build up a strong support structure. We like to call this "having close friends." No one on the internet can take the place of a cozy, warm shoulder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2002, 11:06 AM   #3

JuanAlegre HB User
Cool

My wife's mom, Mickie, was diagonsed with terminal lung cancer and one of the first things she decided to do was have a farewell party for herself. It was great for everyone in the family and for her friends too. The atmosphere was festive and positive.

Of course you're feeling sad. You're losing your daddy. The party Mickie had showed everyone how supportive all of her friends and relatives were to each other. It was great fun for her to direct its organization and wonderful for her kids to experience such a positive outlook.

Closed Thread