It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2002, 09:19 AM   #1

TSB HB User
Post Need advice please!!!!!

My ex-husband's mother has been diagnosed with stomach cancer. He just found out that it has spread to her liver and kidneys.

Can she still be saved with chemotherapy, radiation? Or is this terminal?

Please understand......My husband is a Tibetan refugee who escaped out of Tibet almost ten years ago and hasn't seen his mother since then.

Now that she is sick, he wants to send her money the little money he saved for treatment. But this would mean he won't be able to buy a plane ticket to be with her.

I think he should go to her now!!!!!!!!!!!

(This does not even take into consideration he will have a difficult time getting a visa from the Chinese government because he is a Tibetan who left for political reasons and its dangerous for him to go back).

Old 11-06-2002, 07:52 PM   #2
Veteran

Kamden HB User
I think he should go see her now too. Chemo. and radiation may prolong her life , but in the end, may only prolong her suffering. This would be up to her to decide after weighing the benefits and drawbacks of it. He should go see her, and she should try the chemo. or radiation if that is what she chooses. His money is not what would make her happy, but seeing him would.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread