It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2002, 10:38 PM   #1
(female)

prncssxjx HB User
Question can anyone help??

HI.
i was just wondering if anyone has ever felt this way or if this could be cancer.
well...i guess i can start with the weight loss.
i am 18 years old and i weigh 88 pounds. theres no reason why i could be losing this weight...i eat normal..the doctor says its from depression and anxiety but i dont know about all that.
it all started years back...when i started to get depression really bad...anxiety...losing weight...i feel HORRIBLE almost every day. not just not feeling well but it feels like i'm sick.
i'm weak...my face is kindof pale...although it always has kinda been.
i have stomache aches...headaches a lot... i dont feel like walking..it just feels like the flu...without the fever...sometimes i feel like i should just be in bed all day.
i hardly ever leave my house and i cant do much because i feel horrible every day and the anxiety.
i gave my doctor a list of over 50 things that were wrong with me...almost daily...and she didnt know what to do with it or where to begin. so she put them all in groups...of stress...sinuses...depression..anxiety. but it doesnt make sense to me. because nothing THAT bad has ever happened in my life and i know how i am and i am strong enough to overcome those things on my own. but i just dont feel right.
i dont think its normal to look so skinny and feel this horrible all the time. i'm in the doctors office constantly.
they havent ever really ran any tests on me...just taken blood but i guess it came out negative ( i'm not sure if they just test for certain things)
i dont know. theres a lot more.
but if anyone thinks that could be cancer or what please let me know. because i'm tired of living like this. thanks
-jackie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2002, 06:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
What types of blood tests did your doctor perform? The usual and most basic test is a CBC Diff (complete blood count with differential).

You're right - 88 lbs is way too low. At this weight loss of energy, depression and other symptoms are pretty common, but your doctor - if an M.D. - is legally and ethically REQUIRED to rule out a physiological cause. Have you tried the thyroid board at this site? There may be someone there who might recognize some of your symptoms and give you some options to explore.

Good luck,
Jay

P.S. You should keep track of all medical test results. Ask your doctor for a copy; you're entitled to this information although you may have to pay an additional fee for each copy.

Old 11-25-2002, 09:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Are you being, or have you been, treated for depression and anxiety? Both of those illnesses can cause all kinds of symptoms, and both of these are illnesses that can and should be treated. Once you get those under control, you may start feeling better and gaining weight.

If you are being treated, it's possible that you need a change in medications, and increase in dosage, etc. A

Are you working with anyone (i.e., psychiatrist, psychologist, pschopharmacologist)?

Old 11-25-2002, 09:16 PM   #4

nervousdave HB User
weight loss is a common result of anxiety and depression.

do the following:
1. get a complete physical and blood workup. allow yourself to see all of your worst fears be proven wrong.
2. get relaxation tapes and use them daily. you can find a ton of them on the internet.
3. start exercising.
4. keep a daily journal of your thoughts...when you get depressed or have feelings of anxiety. this will help you see a pattern.
5. say five things that are good about yourself every day. this may seem difficult at first. just do it anyway.

nd

Closed Thread