It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2002, 02:49 PM   #1
(male)

tom13 HB User
Post Testicle Lump

im 19 and I have this bumpy growth in my testicle it is not painful i think it may be gorwing...it disappears when i lie down for the most part..i posted before about a problem but iam wondering now if this could be cancer??

Old 11-19-2002, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Tom -
If it's a new lump (that is, you haven't had it for years and years), you should have it checked out. It could be a hydrocele (like a fluid accumulation), or it could be cancerous, or it could be absolutely nothing. But, if it should be cancer, it's highly curable if treated early, so the sooner you have a doctor look at it, the better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2002, 07:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
I agree with Sam. I know the last thing you want to do is go to the doc and have him look at your testicle. My son is 22 and has been twice now to have suspicious lumps looked at and both times it's been nothing. They just do a quick feel and you're out of there.

Even in a case where it is a hydrocele you still want to get it looked at as it can effect your fertility later on. At your age, no matter what it turns out to be, you'll likely be just fine. Good that you check. Keep on doing that.

Old 11-23-2002, 11:50 AM   #4
(male)

tom13 HB User
Well the thing is iwas at the doctor a week before the lump showed up with a pain in my tseticles and she said iwas going to be fine but then the lump showed up so i am not sure ifi am just overeacting

Old 11-23-2002, 01:20 PM   #5
(male)

tom13 HB User
it feels as if it is gettign biger maybe and its like a lumo with lots of bumps on it it feels soft and it seems to be conected to the back or bottom of the testicle

Old 11-23-2002, 09:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Tom -
Why don't you call your doctor's office and ask that she call you. Explain the changes you've noticed, and ask if you shouldn't come in again to have it checked out. I would also ask her what she thinks it might be, what should you watch for, and what changes should prompt another call to her or an appointment.

Ruth

[This message has been edited by SamQKitty (edited 11-24-2002).]

Old 11-23-2002, 10:04 PM   #7
(male)

tom13 HB User
well i am going to give it a week and if it is stil ltherei will call me odcotr..it also seems to change in size it can become quite large and sometimes it seems verysmall and hard...im not surei fidn it quite strange but its a painless lump andi know its a sign of cancer

Old 11-24-2002, 05:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tom -
Make yourself a log book to keep track of all the changes. Just a simple piece of paper, with columns for date/activity (like did you do lots of extra exercise that day, etc.), and symptoms. That'll be really helpful when you call the doctor. Also, be sure to tell her it enlarges and then gets smaller.

I wouldn't assume it's cancerous. In fact, if it gets smaller, it's very unlikely to be cancer. It really sounds like a fluid-filled lump, and might even be a cyst. Still, whatever it is, you should find out and either have it taken care of or, if the doctor say they'll watch it, ask how often it should be checked, what to look for as far as changes go, etc.

Good luck!

Old 11-26-2002, 03:17 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User
Hi Tom, It could be a boil, My cousin gets one on his testicle every other month, or It could be a cyst. Either way I would see a doctor about it just to be safe. Becky

Closed Thread