It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2002, 08:00 PM   #1

tsno HB User
Question renal cell metatsis

i see there are not any recent post for this type of cancer. I had my left kidney removed 2 months ago and i was told it was grade 3 cancer.I am 42 years old . Since then i have already had a bone scan and full body ct. now they have found a tumor in my liver. thur i go for a biopsy. they tell me they will most likely take out half my liver and i will have about 1-2 yrs left to live. i can not belive this..i have ordered the tea from this site. i was wondering if anyone else has tried it.i really need to hear from people who have beat this thing so far all i get is bad news.

Old 12-12-2002, 12:00 PM   #2
(female)

skg HB User
I too had kidney cancer at the age of 42 and had my left kidney removed. It was about the size of an orange. That was 17 years ago. The doctors put me on a medicine called Megace for two years. This was only as a preventative measure as they called it. I have had many bone and CT scans. The only problem with the scans is that they don't always show what is going on in your body. They did not show either of the following tumors which I found them myself. The doctors said that the CT is only a machine and if the surrounding tissue was very close in match to the tumor the CT could not detect it. They also said it was the best they had to use. About 4 years after surgery I had a secondary tumor removed from my sternam bone and another one developed two years later on my butt and was removed. The doctors said that secondary tumors would continue to grow until removed, but would not spread to other parts of the body only the primary tumor could do that. They also told me that this could happen the rest of my life. So far I have not had any additional tumors. Those cells just seem to float around until they decide to grow.

At the time I found out that I had this cancer, I had one child in middle school and one was getting ready to start high school. I had no idea that I would even see them graduate from high school. They both have now graduated from college, a career, and have families of their own.

Keep a postive attitude, which is very difficult to do, but I believe it is part of the battle to beat this disease.

The more people you talk with you will hear stories of others that have known of someone who also had kidney cancer. Best of luck and pray for a better day.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2002, 05:45 PM   #3

tsno HB User
thankyou so much for your response! finally someone in my age bracket. my sons are 8 and 12 and i have the same fear you spoke of.i try to stay positive but some days it is so hard. i have not heard of this medicine they gave to you any more information on it would help me. They cancelled my liver biopsy . They said it was too dangerous. So now we just watch to see if the tumors will grow. Two weeks ago i started getting pain in my chest. It is constant and makes everyday chores so difficult.Please tell me how you figured out you had the tumors the Ct scan did not see. You do not know how much your words have ment to me thankyou again.

Closed Thread