It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2002, 04:22 PM   #1

breakerfall HB User
Post chronic stomach problems and enlarged aortic lymph nodes

I'm hoping someone might have some insight for me.
I've had stomach problems for the last 6 months and have yet to have a diagnosis despite NUMEROUS testing. I get a "pinching" or "stabbing" pain in my upper abdomen sometimes radiating to the right, I have chronic nausea with a burning in my throat, bloating, fatigue, and have lost roughly 10lbs over 6 months, but I think thats due to not being able to eat as much. No constipation or diarrhea.
I've undergone an endoscopy, abdominal ultrasound, pelvic ultrasound, abdominal CT scan, and stomach emptying test. Plus all the rundown of bloodwork. No signs of hernia, ulcer, pancreatic, gallstone, liver, or kidney problems. It also isn't stress. They thought it might be gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying) but the test was done wrong and it only came back as slightly abnormal. Plus I dont have any of the conditions that would cause it. The only thing that was found was that my para-aortic lymph nodes were slightly enlarged. I'm supposed to go back in January for another CT scan to see if they've enlarged further. If so, then they will biopsy. In doing my own research, the only thing I've found that would enlarge them, is cancer. Specifically something like pancreatic germ cell tumors.
Can tumors actually exist and cancer spread to the nodes, but not be detected on CT or ultrasound? Has anyone else experienced chronic stomach problems and had these results? Could enlarged aorta lymph nodes be the result of something else?

I'm at my wits end here and exhausted from dealing with this mystery illness. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2003, 03:01 PM   #2

breakerfall HB User
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll definitely look into them. I'm a 30 year old female that's 5'6 and of normal weight. I've never had any surgery other than for pyloric stenosis at 3 weeks old. It's hard for me to believe that that surgery would cause a problem 30 years later.
The only thing that I did just discover was that my RBC's and Lymphocytes have been elevated for almost a year. My doctor told me at its a sign that I'm fighting some sort of infection. I go back for the second CT in another week and new blood tests run at that time. I'm hoping we'll find SOMEthing.

Closed Thread