It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2002, 02:16 PM   #1
(female)

Fanatic HB User
Post My dad's not suffering anymore.

My dad died this morning. I know it's an odd time to go on the internet, but I'm alone in an empty house.

------------------
-Human dreams...such fertile ground for the seeds of torment-

**Fanatic**

**Fanatic**

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2002, 04:17 PM   #2
Inactive

marsv63 HB User
I am so sorry,
BIG (((((((Hugs))))))) To you.
God Bless,Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2002, 11:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Fanatic,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I, too, was alone after my mother died and even though I was a grown woman in my 40's, it was very difficult being alone at that time.

One of the things that helped me was joining a grief support group at the local hospice. Most hospices run them every month or so, and you don't necessarily have to have used the hospice to join the grief support group.

Also, one other thing...it is so very hard at first to remember the happy moments, especially when all you can picture is how your loved one looked the last few weeks of his/her life. If you have some, you may want to pull out pictures from before your Dad got sick...they may make you cry, but they also may help you remember the happy times.

And, I truly believe that you are not really alone...your Dad is always going to be with you in your thoughts and your memories.

Take care,
Ruth

Old 12-12-2002, 11:17 PM   #4

denez415 HB User
Lightbulb

I'm so sorry, and like u said he is not suffering anymore. Now he can look over you and be at peace.

Old 01-03-2003, 07:08 PM   #5

cat2 HB User
I am new to this board, however I would like to expres my sympathy at your loss.. the passing of a loved one in any circumstance is never easy,

I dont intend to be a stranger to these forums, if you wish to talk via here I will be around just to listen
Rikki

Old 01-04-2003, 08:57 AM   #6
(female)

Fanatic HB User
thhanks Rikki, I really appreciate it.

------------------
-Human dreams...such fertile ground for the seeds of torment-

**Fanatic**

**Fanatic**

Closed Thread