It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2003, 12:18 AM   #1

greta j HB User
Question my mum on oxyplatin

my mum has been diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas with metastasis to the liver. she was on chemo this year already, and her oncologist is planning to start her on oxalaplatin (hope the spelling's right) on jan. 29th.

these treatments will be very expensive and my mum is planning to keep working at home throughout her treatment, as we need the money. she's a very determined woman and wouldn't want to quit work anyway (she says it keeps her mind busy). she's still very much a mum, as my brother only just turned 13. she's the kind of person who will try to work, cook, clean, and entertain all while undergoing chemotherapy.

i am basically looking for some suggestions for how to deal with this situation. i can't really help financially, but i want to help as much as i can emotionally. i want to know what i can do to make her months with chemo easier to take. cosmetics or supplies i can buy (i know she won't spend the money to pamper herself), foods i can cook, any simple tips that i can use to help make her chemo easier to bear.

thanks
greta

Old 01-19-2003, 10:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Following are some sites where you may be able to get more info/advice:

[url="http://cancer.med.upenn.edu/"]http://cancer.med.upenn.edu/[/url]

[url="http://www.medlineplus.gov"]www.medlineplus.gov[/url]

Good luck and God bless.

[Please read and follow the board posting guidelines.]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 02-21-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread