It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2003, 05:55 AM   #1

pentek128 HB User
Post Please read and tell me what you think

A good friend of mine had a little (not much) trouble breathing and went to the dr. Dr. determined that she had some fluid in her lung and sent her for a catscan and to get fluid drained.

Yesterday, when she went to get the fluid drained, they told her that it had to done at the hospital later in the week instead because:

* there was one quart of fluid present; and
* the catscan showed "something white by a lymph node by the breast."

She has to go for a mammogram today and to the hospital for fluid draining tomorrow.

We are all so frustrated by the lack of info from the doctors. I am aware this could mean something bad but does anyone know of anything benign it could be? Or if not, please be to the point and share anything you may know. Are these two conditions related, do you think and if so, why does it happen? I can't sleep or think of anything else. Please share any info you may have.

Old 01-24-2003, 05:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
Depending on her age, activity level, types of activities engaged in, medical history, etc. this could mean anything.

For example, it is pretty common for older, bedridden people to come down with get a type of pneumonia - and this is just because they are bedridden and don't move around enough to clear the fluid from their lungs.

There is also a type of pneumonia that can occur a few weeks after a near-drowning, and this can occur at any age even in otehrwise healthy active children and young adults.

The possible lymph involvement could be part of the lung problem or could be something completely unrelated. It's very hard to guess - unfortunately this makes it very nerve-wracking for everyone.

Good luck,
Jay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread